Chaparral WMA - Archery - Jan 2nd - 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the wife and I finally got drawn for the archery hunt for the 1st week in January at the Chap WMA. I'll be reading through all the past threads but just wanted to get a thread started and see if anyone else was selected. Should be fun to have a bonus hunt at the end of the season.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be there for the first archery hunt in December! GLAD to be going BACK!!

Comment

Good luck. We weren't so lucky this year to draw a hunt there.

Comment

I'll be there.. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to bring a little tripod or just build a little ground blind.. I hear the deer there aren't very fond of pop-ups, but that's ok with me cause neither am I!

Comment

I'll be there Jan. 2 - 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
              I'll be there.. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to bring a little tripod or just build a little ground blind.. I hear the deer there aren't very fond of pop-ups, but that's ok with me cause neither am I!
              I don't like pop ups either, I'm bringing a small tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                I'll see you there. I was drawn for the 12/5-12/8 hunt. Have you ever hunted there?

Comment

Pending second drawing. But don't matter if I did get drawn for the second hunt. Won't be able to go. I'll be in the middle of my hitch.

Comment

I will be there for the Jan hunt. Let's get a group of tbhers together, It's been a very long time for me to draw a hunt. I'm bringing two tripods and a pop up, solo hunting.

Found an old pic from the last time I drew the chap when I was 13, seventeen years ago
                    Last edited by James; 08-21-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

What's approximate acreage of each compartment?

Comment

You working on the natural gas line on highway 48?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                          You working on the natural gas line on highway 48?
                          I see Mexiquito everyday on the way to and from work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I see Mexiquito everyday on the way to and from work

I was helping out Sunday. Back to school for me this week with in service and students back next week. If you need a place to shoot your bow, I got room for about 40 yards in my backyard. Let me know.

Congrats on the chap draw.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                              I was helping out Sunday. Back to school for me this week with in service and students back next week. If you need a place to shoot your bow, I got room for about 40 yards in my backyard. Let me know.

Congrats on the chap draw.
                              I went by Sunday evening to eat after getting back off shore, it wasnt open. Thanks for the offer, I dont have my bow, but am buying a new one...I'll be moving out in a couple of weeks. I'm always ready for a beer though!

Comment

Working...
                              X