Trailmaker BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailmaker BH

Anyone taken an animal with these? An older thread said they whistled, but not much info on performance. This year will be my 1st time to hunt and I need to get everything in place and ready. I'm shooting 600 spine arrows with a long bow at 40#.

I have used a similar 3 blade with success but from bows in the mid 50# range. At 40# I would go with a 2 blade cut-on-contact. They will kill just as dead and you will likely have better penetration

Comment

But likely not as good a blood trail.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Two blade, single bevel will give you the best penetration and good blood trails. Check out the Grizzlies if you get a chance.

Comment

I would echo what draco said. At 40lbs I would shy away from 3 blades but a sharp single bevel 2 blade should be legal

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            Two blade, single bevel will give you the best penetration and good blood trails. Check out the Grizzlies if you get a chance.

Not on a big boar hog with a shield, 3 blades open up and there's no drag on the arrow shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post
              Not on a big boar hog with a shield, 3 blades open up and there's no drag on the arrow shaft.

Soft skinned animals a 2 blade works best

Comment

Working...
              X