X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
    You know you want one....everybody's doin it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You aint lyin... Bout to order one off amazon....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I have a perfectly good Weber I could make good use of with that if I decided to join the cool club. Plus it would give me a place to store it in between cooks
      I always thought you were a founder of the Cool Club !!

I'm thinking like you, double duty on my existing grill. Give one of these a try and see just how much I like it before shelling out $$. I've got one of those Charbroil infrared grills and I can't see myself giving it up. Best gas grill I've ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
        Anyone had any luck with the griddle plates off Amazon?

Seems like a way to add some functionality to the gas grill.
        Might not be big enough to really support a major cooking effort but then again they don't cost $$$$ either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009N0Q2U..._t2_B00008GKDQ
        I've used one similar to this for years, and love it...However when I grow up I want one of the cool ones

Comment

I'm spending time with my family at Lake Livingston State Park this weekend. Brought the griddle with me. This morning was pancakes and Blue Ribbon peppered bacon. Burgers will be hitting the griddle later today.

It's sure makes it easy to multitask on a 36" grill.

Comment

Looks good! Nice to be able to make a lot at one time ain't it?

Comment

Anyone done a Philly Cheese Steak yet???

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	24505206

Comment

I like the camp chef approach. Basically a 2 to 3 burner setup that you can buy the heavy duty griddle for. Used them in scout campouts. Folds up to put in a trailer and can use it to boil water, fry stuff, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Burgers are ready!

Seasoned up the meat and placed them on the left side of the griddle. Flipped and added pepper jack cheese. On the right side of the griddle I took a stick of real butter and melted a thin layer across it. Placed the buns on the buttered griddle and lightly toasted. Had all the fixings for everyone to make them how they want them. We gonna eat and go fishing now.

They approved!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    I like the camp chef approach. Basically a 2 to 3 burner setup that you can buy the heavy duty griddle for. Used them in scout campouts. Folds up to put in a trailer and can use it to boil water, fry stuff, etc.

I like this idea for keeping in my travel trailer. I will have to check those out.

Comment

Just a reminder. When you warm your tortillas on the grill make sure you leave some of the bacon grease on the grill. Tortillas stay really soft and taste really good !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        I like this idea for keeping in my travel trailer. I will have to check those out.
                        Yep, can by a roller bag, etc. You can buy a 3x, 2x, or 1x griddle. The 2x is good on a 3 burner as it is 32" and gives you that extra burner for making coffee, oatmeal, gravy, biscuits (in oven) etc.

Comment

I had a buddy tell me "you can't cook scrambled eggs on a griddle. It will just run down the grease drain."

I hope this ain't true because I was planning on making breakfast tacos on it in the morning. Any advice?

Comment

I had a buddy tell me "you can't cook scrambled eggs on a griddle. It will just run down the grease drain."

I hope this ain't true because I was planning on making breakfast tacos on it in the morning. Any advice?

Get both spatulas, low to medium heat, pour rooster bullets on get to mixin. Works just fine.

Comment

Your buddy must never have gone to a diner or anything like that. Make sure the griddle is pretty level first.

Get it fairly warm, throw just a smudge of butter on if you want, scramble away.

Comment

Found a recipe for smash burgers. Gonna give this a try next time.
                                Pretty easy process. I think the key is small hamburger balls.. about 5 per pound of 80/20 meat. Make into meatball then add seasoning to the top of the ball (it will season evenly when smashed). Very hot griddle. A dab of butter on griddle. Then the meat ball. Immediately smash very flat. Use a spatula or bacon press or something. Hold the firm smash for 10 seconds, then release. You'll have a flat as a pancake pattie. Let it fry for about 60-90 seconds. Till its bubbling up like pancakes do. Use sharp spatula to pry the burger (with the sear) from the griddle. Flip it over. Add a slice of cheese and fry 60-90 seconds longer. TIPS: Parchment paper will help keep the meat from sticking to the press when you smash. Use two patties per serving for a good size sandwich.

Comment

Working...
                                X