New to me oldie. Dual Shelf Polar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me oldie. Dual Shelf Polar

I made a trade for this little bow and it came in while I was out for work. Finally back home and LOVING this bow. I had traded for it because I wanted to try to shoot left handed, (I do a lot left handed and never had a bow to try it with). It scales 43 # 28, so I figured it would be fine for me to learn on. Sad news. An old collar bone injury does not like the pressure in my right hand. AT ALL. However, it will make a nice addition to my practice time and form work. Jeff Freeman re-finished it for me and added Osage tip overlays since the old ones were pretty worn out. Had to dial-up some arrows as a dual shelf does not allow for center shot.
    Attached Files

Nice!!

Comment

CRM, I am curious, Are you going to get your Aoudad Euro or??

Comment

It's will be a Euro. I dropped it off at the taxidermist on the way home. Should be ready in a couple months, along with my buck from 2014 finally!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a neat old stick!

Bisch

Comment

Howdy Cody, nice bow. I have a question though. It looks from the pic that it has a negative tiller or is that just an illusion. Those usually have a positive tiller. If you ever want to head south a few counties and have a " polar" shoot, come on down. Mine is a '55.

Comment

I noticed it appears to have a negative tiller in the picture, but when strung and looking at it, I do not believe so. Does really good for form practice and lets me shoot way past fatigue in my other bow. Kossetx, I had one that was 64# when I first started. (over bowed) Bought it cheap off Ebay and it came apart about a month later. The limbs looked pretty bad, so it was a "get what you pay for" deal, But I do like the Polar Bows. Glad to have another in a lot better condition.

Comment

the tiller on those mid '50's Bears was said to be "Chesty" and may seem to be a bit odd by more Modern Standards but that Bow is fine, Shoot away. I really Like The Polars and have a few myself

Comment

I still have two or three of them. I don't like the tiny little shelf on them or many of the early fifties bows but I still pull one down every now and then and go fling some arrows.
                  They are fun to shoot.

Comment

You just have to take your time on the draw cycle and keep good form for the smaller shelves. I read once that Fred would file down the shelf on his bows to make them more like the smaller shelf. If you shoot them a good bit you get to where you don't even think about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X