No announcement yet.

BFG A/T KO2's - how many miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got 42k on mine right now, had them checked yesterday, he said I have about 5k left. This is on a F-250, I rotate with every oil change so 7-10k miles.

Comment

I got 32k out of them on my 3/4 ton and I rotate my tires every 5-6k miles. On my wife's 1/2ton they have 46k now and will probably last another 15-16k

Comment

I think I'll be lucky to get 35k out of mine on a Ram 2500 diesel. I check pressure and rotate religiously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
          I have two friends that only got 19k out of them on their Dodge 3/4 diesels. The center of the tread wore down to nothing. Had the right pressure in them.
          For those that are saying correct pressure, did you call BFG or are your talking sidewall number?

If you increase tire size over factory you also increase load capacity on the tire. 2008 Chevy 2500. Factory tire is a 245 something. I run 285 70 16s now. Called BFG and they told me to run 49#s when the sidewalls say 65. The weight rating per psi of the tire is that much higher. The ride is a million times better and they wear flat.

Rotation is absolutely a must though. I didn't rotate this last set often and still get 25 ish out of them when previous sets have gone 50.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

That's all my dad runs on his 350s and never gets less than 50K out of a set. His only complaint is they're a little noisy. Good thing he's old and doesn't hear much!

Comment

Tagged, as I'm about to buy KO2'S or the Terra Grapplers2's.

Comment

Keep going back and forth on what I want to go with once these are done. I have a 2002 2500HD and run the Yokohama Geolander AT's and they still look brand new after 30k miles. They're not near as aggressive as the BFG's, but are a ton cheaper....
                Decisions decisions.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
                  For those that are saying correct pressure, did you call BFG or are your talking sidewall number?

If you increase tire size over factory you also increase load capacity on the tire. 2008 Chevy 2500. Factory tire is a 245 something. I run 285 70 16s now. Called BFG and they told me to run 49#s when the sidewalls say 65. The weight rating per psi of the tire is that much higher. The ride is a million times better and they wear flat.

Rotation is absolutely a must though. I didn't rotate this last set often and still get 25 ish out of them when previous sets have gone 50.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
                  Stock sized. I am guessing they were what was on the sidewalls.

Comment

Working...
                  X