No announcement yet.

Giving a eulogy - advice and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done two, it's very difficult, especially the unexpected death. As stated touch on what's important to the family, talk to them
    Get their input on stories, use his name often. Call the family members names when telling stories. And close it with something that lets everyone know that you will all see him again and that will be a happy day for him and you. Don't say anything about God needing him or an angel etc...trust me that sounds stupid and God has everything he needs....God has a greater plan that we don't understand, but we will, the day we see your friend again it will all be clear (I believe this with my whole heart)....don't go long! Stay short and sweet and REHEARSE it! you have been honored with a task that can bring great healing and one last fond memory

It's my understanding that this young man was the son of one of my high school class mates, who I haven't seen in 27 years, but who I remember as a great guy. He was always just a calm cool collected guy soul. My prayers have been with the

Prayers to you for strength and wisdom.
    Last edited by SwampRanger; 09-19-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I have spoken at everyone of my family and friends funerals for a long time now. I find it honoring to tell a story or two about our life's together. Then in the end I always thank them for allowing me to be part of their lives. I wish you nothing but the very best in whatever you choose to say and do.

Comment

Praying for you as you speak of your friend and for his family and friends.

Comment

Use this approach. Mourn his death, but dont forget to celebrate his life.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
            Use this approach. Mourn his death, but dont forget to celebrate his life.

https://youtu.be/8_iXD1Gcoek
            Great advice above. Oddly enough, my best friend was killed by a dunk driver on September 16, 2000 as we conveyed to go teal/alligator hunting. I feel your loss. My thoughts are with you and his family. I am trying to give you advice on your eulogy, but I think the above post nails it.

Comment

I would like to thank all of you again for your prayers and advice.

Jacob's service yesterday went well. It was the toughest thing I have ever done, but God answered prayers and saw me through it. I truly feel like he spoke through me and he used me to glorify his kingdom and Jacob. I was dreading it when asked, but now that it is over, I am so thankful that I had the privilege to speak the final words of my dear friend's life, and honor him and his family. It is an humbling, rewarding, and bitter sweet experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad it went well, im sure it meant more to the family than you will ever know. Sorry for your loss

Comment

Working...
                X