Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a reasonable price per acre for a Deer lease ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a reasonable price per acre for a Deer lease ?

What is a reasonable price per acre for a deer lease say any where From 3000 acres to 8000 acres with decent deer population and some decent sized bucks say in panhandle area Childress quanah area and up into sw to nw Oklahoma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of variables up that way.
    A few years ago i was paying $10 per near vernon.

Don't know about oklahoma.

Comment

Year round access? Hogs, dove, turkey, fishing, camping, playing? How far from your home?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Year round access? Hogs, dove, turkey, fishing, camping, playing? How far from your home?
        Year around access say4-5 hours away but mainly dove deer hogs for hunting!

Comment

Big deer up that way. Big deer with big horns and big deer without horns.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGTERRY75 View Post
            Big deer up that way. Big deer with big horns and big deer without horns.
            Yes sir big bodies and good horns .. we are paying right around 6 a acre across the river !

Comment

We we were seeing prices around 10 dollar per acre in west Okla for year round hunting on good places. Saw a couple places slightly higher for river bottom
              Just depends on size of place and what game is on it
              What area are you looking at wanting to hunt ?

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                We we were seeing prices around 10 dollar per acre in west Okla for year round hunting on good places. Saw a couple places slightly higher for river bottom
                Just depends on size of place and what game is on it
                What area are you looking at wanting to hunt ?
                O I have a place in southwest Oklahoma Bow only 4000 acres with pretty good bucks on it and few pigs and good quail and decent dove but was just wondering if 6dollars to 7 a acre is to much I think it's pretty reasonable!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  O I have a place in southwest Oklahoma Bow only 4000 acres with pretty good bucks on it and few pigs and good quail and decent dove but was just wondering if 6dollars to 7 a acre is to much I think it's pretty reasonable!
                  I think if you got it around 6 per acre and seeing lots good deer , I'd say your in good shape. The larger places are a better thing to have especially being able to have all under one fence (all land is together)
                  Remember - cheap doesn't always = good hunting

Comment

I'm paying about $20 a acre for 40 acres. It has river access, deer, pigs, occasional turkey, its year round and about 8 mins from the house. I split it with a buddy, so really I only pay $10 per acre. It's $800 total. I'm not counting on killing any trophy deer, but I have a place for my kids to go shoot some deer, and have a good time.

Comment

I don't think you can define "reasonable" by looking at price per acre. The better way to look at it is price per mature buck. Rather than thinking about how many guns can you put on a place and still have safe shooting lanes for everybody, think about how many shooter bucks are there on the place. Deer numbers vary, so price per acre and acres per hunter should vary accordingly. Obviously, landowners rarely look at it that way. But that's how I look at it when I'm looking at leasing a place.

Comment

Working...
                      X