No announcement yet.

Spouse doesn't hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wife doesn't hunt and that's ok with me. The plus side of this is we have been taking some pretty good trips that turn into a 4-5 day hunt and week vacationing afterwards. She enjoys these types of trip so much so that she does a lot of bidding at SCI shows

Comment

My wife didn’t think she would like it, but I’ve created a monster. Built her a soundproof blind and she painted it pink camo. She has been hunting for close to 20 years now and up until last weekend had only shot pigs, does, and spikes. The big bucks had always eluded her. She shot a 14” wide 8 Point. She is on cloud nine.

Comment

Doesn't hunt but has sat in the blind with my on occasion and enjoyed it. I got her a shotgun and want to try dove hunting with her at some point but she'd rather just stick to the cooking and eating of the game meat.

Comment

Mine doesn't hunt but she is right there helping process them and cooks them critters up real good. She does love to go fishing though and tears up the white bass.

Comment

Mine wanted to go shoot a doe, so I let her shoot my Rem 700 243. it was scary how good she shot it. moment of truth came and she said, ill pass, so I shot it. but she will sit in a stand with me. in fact, she was with me when I shot my biggest buck and my axis. she likes to go in the evening. shes not a morning person, lol. however, she has expressed that she would love to shoot a pronghorn antelope, so maybe one of these days, I can afford that. but she is ok with me and the kids hunting.... in fact she told me this year, shoot as many as you legally can...we need the meat in the freezer.....we are behind, lol. hopefully we can shoot a few does with our doe days!

Comment

Spouse doesn't hunt

My wife will go hunting with me. She would not shoot a deer or other cute animal, but said she might shoot a pig or maybe bird hunt. She will fish anytime.

She will eat anything I bring home, but she is out on any of the cleaning.
              I am just fine with it. She encourages me to go and enjoy the hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine has no desire to hunt at all. Will cook and eat it all and loves it but wants no part in hunting. She'll fish and loves that which is great. It's an activity we can do together then I get quiet time hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Same exact situation.

She loves the wild game that I prepare/we eat but she has no interest in hunting.

More me time!
                  Exactly my thoughts!

Comment

Mine doesent hunt and won’t eat wild game!

It keeps the hunting budget down though!

Comment

Mine want hunt either & she’s likes that me & kids like it so much. She really likes to watch the deer & things. she loves the outdoors & will camp any time. That’s tent camping, she loves to tent camp.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        Who else has a spouse that doesn't hunt?

I'd love for my wife to do this with me but it's not her thing. She'll cook what ever I bring home but has no interest.

She will however go fishing with me.
                        My wife will hunt pigs or Exotics, but not "Bambi". Loves to fish though

Comment

My wife hunts with me, lets me shoot the deer and she shoots the hogs and turkey... one of these days ill get her a deer just had a hard time getting her to shoot cute.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                            Neither here, and she wishes I didn't hunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                            Same. It’s tough.

Comment

Nope, mine will not hunt. She does like to fish though. Never gives me any grief when I go hunting except when I go alone on rare occasions. She knows how much I enjoy it.

Comment

My wife doesnt hunt, she's not opposed to it, but would rather not kill something. She actually prefers to venison over beef though.

Comment

Working...
                                X