Help needed. Stuck at lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed. Stuck at lease

Okay not literally "stuck" but We are 10 or so miles down the road from our camp at a different pasture and once we got here our lease ride, 2003 Chevy suburban, went into reduced engine power and keeps dying. It'll start right back up but can't go over 3 mph. Before we walk back to camp I was going to see if someone knew of a way to bypass this or something. Already tried disconnecting battery and it didn't help.

Thanks

No help

Bump for you

Comment

Maybe a fuel filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Throttle body sensor/positioned. Take plastic cover off and cover off intake. Look at pigtail going into throttle body for loose or frayed (gnawed) wires. If not there, look to ground straps to cylinder head or othe ground.
        Last edited by RR 314; 11-16-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

See if you have exhaust pressure at tail pipe. Might be Catalytic failure. If no exhaust coming out good, punch a hole in it.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

10 miles...3mph don't sound to bad me. Average persons walking speed is 3 mph. Limp it.

Comment

On a 75mph road doesn't sound safe. Plus it'll only run for a short amount then die restart and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                  On a 75mph road doesn't sound safe. Plus it'll only run for a short amount then die restart and start over.
                  Probably be safer than walking.

Comment

10 miles to go at 3mph your gonna need lots of beer. You better stop and fill up.

Comment

I'll be first, out of gas?

Comment

Unhook the battery for a couple of minutes and then reconnect sometimes that helps to reboot the computers and helps get everything back in sync

Comment

Loosen or remove gas cap.

Was vapor lock problem for me.

Comment

Well it won't run at all now. Walking back. Anyone in Sonora? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                              Well it won't run at all now. Walking back. Anyone in Sonora? Lol
                              Actually, yes. My cousin and his family are almost there. Where bouts are y'all? Give me a shout at 832-six 5 1- 9686

Comment

Working...
                              X