Dealership Mistake...What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealership Mistake...What would you do?

About a week ago my father-in-law just bought a new Dodge Laramie. Top of the line truck with all the bells and whistles. He went there with the intent of not going with the Laramie but through the course of 'dealing' they ended up there. He's was able to justify it with his trade-in Ford F250 King Ranch for which they offered him a considerable amount (+10K more) than he was expecting.

Fast forward to yesterday. He gets a call from the dealership that they would like for him to stop by. He does and they tell him that they made a mistake on his trade in and want to see what they can do or else someone (not sure if it was the salesman or a manager) is going to lose his job. He told them they offered more than he was expecting but that was also the reason why he bought more truck than he would have. They tried to reopen negotiations but he told them he didn't have any of his paper work and left.

So what would you do? Would you renegotiate knowing you had gotten over on them or would you tell them to go kick rocks?

kick rocks!

Comment

A deal is a deal if the paperwork was signed by both parties involved.

Comment

This going to be good.

Comment

kick rocks.

not his fault they screwed up.

FYI.....nothing gets done without the approval of a sales manager. NOTHING.

so someone higher up is getting chewed on and there trying a last ditch effort to save it.

after a week, I'd tell them to **** off

Comment

They took a chance and lost. It sucks for the dealership but your fil did nothing wrong. Tell them to kick rocks.

Comment

I would ask them to fill it up for wasting my time stopping by!

Comment

Man that's tough, I try to proceed with honesty in all my affairs & treat others as I would like to be treated.

But that is their mistake & they alone are responsible for it.

I would simply answer their request by asking that they contact every custome whom they had over charged on a car purchase or under valued a trade in. If they were willing to correct those mistakes then I would be willing to renegotiate

Comment

if he didnt get the deal he did and tried to trade the new truck in next week they would tell him he was about 10 grand upside down. your fil should walk away and for once truly feel like he got the best deal.......

Comment

I would have to tell him to pound sand. I wouldn't want to see someone loose their job over this, but your FIL did nothing on his part to initiate it!

Comment

Kick rocks!! Karma is a beeotch!! They screw people on trade ins all the time and it finally bit them in the arse!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                        I would ask them to fill it up for wasting my time stopping by!

Comment

You get what you negotiate. It was an arms length transaction and he did not take advantage of them. I don't fault them for asking but I would not change the terms of the deal.

He might want to find a different service department to get the warranty work done

Comment

I would tell them to kick rocks

Comment

Kick rocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X