No announcement yet.

Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't believe anyone trying to tell me what i can and can't do unless they have a badge.

Comment

Welcome getaway and good luck with your bow hunting this year.

Comment

Well the first spot we scouted we walked up on a deer. (Believed to be a buck) and found a very interesting crossing, I may give that spot a try....it has buck potential. We continued to scout and I saw a doe up the trail about 100+ yards away and we stopped to watch her. She wandered all over. Didn't have a care in the world. She spotted us standing there at 15 yards and quickly turned around and ran to 25. Where she watched us and couldn't decide if we were a danger.

She finally ran off to 60, where we blew at he and stomped our feet. She came about 10 feet closer, but we were laughing so much, I finally just stepped out and she ran away.
        Pretty neat encounter.
        We scouted another couple spots and we found this

A matching set, about 3 feet away! My first in the Sam.

We found some other things, but those stay with me.
        Soaking wet, exhausted, I'm going for a nap.

Comment

Pretty cool finds HF!

Comment

Looks and sound like a great day HF.

Comment

Always cool to find a matching set. The sheds look like they have some nice mass. Am I seeing it right?

I still haven't found the other half of the shed that I found at my work, but I'm still looking and hoping.
              Last edited by TMiddleton; 07-12-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                Well the first spot we scouted we walked up on a deer. (Believed to be a buck) and found a very interesting crossing, I may give that spot a try....it has buck potential. We continued to scout and I saw a doe up the trail about 100+ yards away and we stopped to watch her. She wandered all over. Didn't have a care in the world. She spotted us standing there at 15 yards and quickly turned around and ran to 25. Where she watched us and couldn't decide if we were a danger.

She finally ran off to 60, where we blew at he and stomped our feet. She came about 10 feet closer, but we were laughing so much, I finally just stepped out and she ran away.
                Pretty neat encounter.
                We scouted another couple spots and we found this

A matching set, about 3 feet away! My first in the Sam.

We found some other things, but those stay with me.
                Soaking wet, exhausted, I'm going for a nap.
                sounds like someone had a good day in the forest......good deal with those antlers

Comment

Not my best day. But good enough. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436740085.883030.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	24391102

Comment

Yes sir Tod, they do have some mass to them. Nice little buck. Rather shoot his daddy.

Good job Dmack.

Comment

Congrats dmack, that is great.

Comment

Mama win hers also. But then she always does

Comment

That's awesome dmack!!! Congrats to you both!!!

Comment

Daniel and Sherry, y'all did good!

Comment

Buck trail sounds like good day. Any day in the woods seeing wild life is great in my book.

Dmack, after just starting shooting agian i can only imagine the dedication it takes to get to that point or maybe some are just naturals.lol... any ways congrats to you and the wife.

I have 3 spots scouted out that i see a lot of sign. Now i want to know exactly whats around. What game cams are you guys willing to put in the forest. I just cant see putting a 100$ cam in the woods. Can yall give me some name brands and models also what yall paid for them.

Thanks getaway

Comment

No cams for me so I'm no help getaway.

Took the long way thru the subdivision just now and seen 20 deer or so as always, but for the first time, this early anyway, I seen two different groups of does with a buck in each group. One had some nice mass but was only a four point (would love to see him when he gets done growing later this year) and the other one was a smaller one and just starting to sprout. Do any of yall see that this time of year or does this only go for subdivision deer? Seen 5 fawns too. Gonna be a good year! I'm like a fat kid waiting on the cake shop to open!

Comment

Working...
                                X