Stinky Yeti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stinky Yeti

So I took a buddy of mine pig hunting. He killed a small pig. It was small enough to fit in my 20 qt once we quartered it. He didn't bring a cooler. so being a good friend, I let him borrow mine. Well, he forgot about it. Now my cooler WREAKS of dead pig. How do I get the smell out? I've tried bleach, baking soda, and even just leaving it open.

Before anyone says "make him buy you a new one!". He doesn't really have the funds.

Make him buy you a new one

Comment

Tennerite

Comment

Throw some dawn platinum or bleach in it, fill it to the top with water, shut the lid, slosh it around good and let it sit over night. Always works for me. May take a couple of times in your situation!

Comment

Put a 3 inch pool chlorine tablet in it or pool shock and fill it full of water. Close lid and come back in a couple days. Repeat if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            Throw some dawn platinum or bleach in it, fill it to the top with water, shut the lid, slosh it around good and let it sit over night. Always works for me. May take a couple of times in your situation!
            Empty and repeat until stench gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Tedshell View Post
              Put a 3 inch pool chlorine tablet in it or pool shock and fill it full of water. Close lid and come back in a couple days. Repeat if necessary.
              Dont do that. The chlorine tablet will eat the plastic. Liguid chlorine diluted will be ok.

Comment

Clean it out very well, take a brand new set spine and soak it with vanilla extract. Place it in the cooler for a few days

Comment

Raffle it off to several of your millennial hipster coworkers

Comment

If bleach won't do it I believe you are screwed.

Comment

Bleach and baking soda

Comment

I've kept pigs in Ice and lemon juice for a couple days..... Always gets out the stink of boars that know one seems to like... Also put lemons down the garbage disposal to get rid of the stink...... Could work for you!

Comment

Give it to him

Comment

I've always just filled them about half full of water with about a half gallon of bleach and let them slosh around in the bed of my truck for a week or so... Never had one too nasty to be fixed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                              Raffle it off to several of your millennial hipster coworkers
                              Then buy an RTIC with the funds..........seriously the bleach and water for a couple days fixes every nasty cooler. I leave an air gap spacer in my lids when not in use.

Comment

Working...
                              X