Honeymoon Cruise ideas, Where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeymoon Cruise ideas, Where to go?

Looking to get married in February, Looking into a Alaskan cruise due to the cold months but living close to Galveston it would be easier for a beach destination….any ideas? Whos gone where and Where to get the best deal?

We went on a cruise to the Bahamas. Best cruise out of 5 we’ve went to. Absolutely gorgeous!! Awesome excursions too.

Comment

Stuck on a cruise? Couples Swept Away resort in Jamaica is great. Much more relaxing then a cruise. All inclusive & not to hard on the checkbook. Iv'e done both & would rather do a resort then a cruise.

Comment

Going to take a look into the Jamaica resort, sounds like a good idea!

Comment

Alaska cruises are usually May-September. We went in May a few years ago and it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would goto St Lucia and stay at Sandals. they have 3 resorts there and you can goto all 3 while staying at one. You can also go off the resort and feel safe. Jamaica not so much. If you are looking at fishing Costa Rica would be my choice. If you are doing it right it will be your last honeymoon. Sandals are all built around couples and honeymoons- I prefer St Lucia, Granada, Grand Bahamas in that order. All have Sandals and cant go wrong with any.

Comment

The Alaskan cruise is awesome we did one for our honeymoon 8 years ago, but as said above they generally don’t start them until April or May due to weather.

Comment

I would love an Alaskan cruise but don't believe I would care to do it in February, maybe August.

Comment

So many great destinations as far as islands and such. Probably any of them would be better suited for a honeymoon than a cruise.

It’s just my personal preference, but there is not enough relaxing on a cruise. You get to port, fight the crowd off the boat, get just enough time at the destination to hurry around and do an excursion and then hustle back on to the ship before it leaves.

Only way I’d consider a cruise is if it was going to hit several destinations I was interested in. That way I could get some sort of a feel for where I’d want to book a week long vacation.

Some folks like cruises and some people hate them. I think it’s either one or the other. Just do your research before you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                    Going to take a look into the Jamaica resort, sounds like a good idea!
                    Any all inclusive resort where you can park your azz on a beach is the way to go. The wife and I are partial to the riviera Mia area! Have fun and make a boy!

Comment

The wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Jamaica. I will say that I have been to a few all inclusive resorts and would suggest that over a cruise. I did one cruise and it was fun also. But a lot more relaxing at all inclusive.

Comment

No cruises or all inclusives for me. They suck. Go somewhere cool where you can get out and eat in some good restaurants, check out the town and have some fun.

My business partner loves the all inclusives. He says the food always sucks. To me good eating is half the fun of a vacation.

I guess I'm the minority here though. People love those floating Greyhound busses(cruise ships) with their fantastic Golden Corral style food. Yuck.

I'd rather go some place like The Keys and eat in some good hole in the wall joints, drink some beers, check out some nature, catch some fish, drink some beers, walk around in an old cemetery, drink some beers, take in a minor league game and soak up the local color. It's nice to find a great out of the way spot and have a great meal. Beats going to the Hard Rock Café in Grand Cayman on a cruise ship stop.

My wife never says "Remember that time we stopped at the Hard Rock Café in the Caymans on the crappy cruise?"
                        She often says "Remember that time we were walking around Key West and we stopped in the little corner store and that little old lady made us some killer Cuban sandwiches and that older Cuban man sat down next to us with his Cuban coffee and was telling us about all the cool local's spots?". She also talks about the time we stopped in another local store and were eating Cuban sandwiches(that's a good sandwich) on a bench out front and a local girl walked up with a Doberman. My wife loves Dobermans and that made her day.

YMMV.

Comment

Done 2 cruises. Mexico and Alaska. Alaskan was better but leaves A LOT of Alaska to be seen.

I suggest flying to some place and staying for as many days as you can afford. I like all inclusive. The food doesn't always suck. Had great meals and awesome service in cabo and cozamel. Nothing says you have to stay at the resort it ain't like the chain you down.

I prefer cabo. We were just there 2 weeks ago and spent half our time in town eating and bar hoping. Had a great time....again!

Of all things check Groupon. You can find stays there cheap! Wife found cabo trips 5 days, 2 people for under a grand plus flights. A co worker went to Japan a month ago and will go to China in November. Bough both trips on Groupon.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Working...
                            X