Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Man, Congratulations!

Comment

Great job Radar! Both on the write up and the follow up shot. Nealguy is some good eating!

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. I'm jealous for sure

Comment

What’d it weigh?

Comment

Nice! Great write up. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                What’d it weigh?
                I could not tell you the true weight, however Weston said the guts usually weigh 150 pounds and the actual deboned meat weighed 117 pounds at processor. I would think live weight would be somewhere around 500 pounds.

This past winter was hard on Nilgai at the Norias because of the cold temps. They had a 24 hour period of below freezing and Nilgai cant take the freezing temps too long as they get pneumonia real easy. We seen several real skinny animals and they may not make it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, maybe I will tell y'all about another hunting trip.

Comment

Really enjoyed your thread, just got back there myself yesterday your hunt was great fuel to get me fired up, super fine trophy!

Comment

Had a heck of a time chasing those rascals. This was my first time to hunt Nilgai. The King Ranch is an awesome place. As you can see in my avatar I was very fortunate to take one home w me this past weekend. Looking forward to putting some tenderloins on the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                      My rifle was a Ruger 77 in 35 Whelen. I am using Barnes 225 gr TSX bullets and they blow big holes in the sand when you miss.
                      great cartridge!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice write up! I blame you for putting this on my “to do”list.

Knowing what you know, Would you recommend a bow hunt? I’ve always heard they are one of the hardest to kill witih a bow.
                          Last edited by ShockValue; 02-25-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the nilgai

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                              Nice write up! I blame you for putting this on my “to do”list.

Knowing what you know, Would you recommend a bow hunt? I’ve always heard they are one of the hardest to kill witih a bow.
                              Yes, I would do the bow hunt. My guide told me that you would get a bow shot at a Nilgai. Their bow hunts are 3 day hunts with lodging. 1 cow and 1 bull for 2895.00 if I remember correctly. But must be a group of three hunters.

Comment

Congrats on the Nilgai! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X