Naming Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naming Deer

Does anyone else’s wife make them name deer they’ve mounted? I got my first shoulder mount done this year, and the wife keeps asking me if I’ve named it. She’s convinced it needs a name.
    Attached Files

Ummmmmmm
    No

Comment

Well, we name deer on the hoof because it helps us keep tabs on them. There's a buck on my wall that will forever be known as "Dump cull." Flattering, no? I've got another one called "Obama" but he's out in the barn because he was a real POS.

Comment

Low brow

Comment

There's a joke in there somewhere about naming it after her and something about being mounted..

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            Well, we name deer on the hoof because it helps us keep tabs on them. There's a buck on my wall that will forever be known as "Dump cull." Flattering, no? I've got another one called "Obama" but he's out in the barn because he was a real POS.
            Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
              Well, we name deer on the hoof because it helps us keep tabs on them.
              Same here.....

But naming after they are dead is kinda weird..

Comment

Most deer are named before you shoot them ! But I would name him what ever her ex boyfriends name was !

Comment

I call the axis in my avatar Charlie because that's what my fiance named him. I've never personally named one though

Comment

Nope

Comment

I name all of mine "good eatin'"

Comment

If they dont already have a name when the trigger is pulled it is a late to be naming them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have names for upper end deer and trashy deer, but the rest remain anonymous...we have 8 deer mounted in our house, and 4 have names, and the other 4 are nameless...

Comment

Wallace is a good name I think. Wally for short. Seeing how there's a wall where most of him normally was I think it fits.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              Wallace is a good name I think. Wally for short. Seeing how there's a wall where most of him normally was I think it fits.
                              X2! Two votes for Wally.

Comment

Working...
                              X