Fletching glue to seal a wound. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching glue to seal a wound. :)

Going through my goodie box and pulled a broadhead out to mount it on a shaft and I fumbled it. Instead of letting it drop I grabbed for it and cut myself deeply on my left thumb. Small cut but it wouldn't stop bleeding so I ran some fletching glue into it to stop the flow. Works as good as the military issued stuff I had in the Army.

Richard.

Who'd a thunk it

Comment

I use super glue on wounds all the time.

Just recently had a sawsall blade punch me to the bone in the palm below the thumb of my left hand. Had to apply pressure to stop the bleeding.

Cleaned it with alcohol, and glued it closed & sealed with locktite super glue. Worked like a charm.

Rick

Comment

Man that super glue burns though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
          Man that super glue burns though.
          LOL, you got that right, but that just leads me to believe it's also a good antiseptic.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
            LOL, you got that right, but that just leads me to believe it's also a good antiseptic.

Rick

Comment

Yup, super glue works great. PVC glue will work also in a pinch.

Comment

Is is just me or is that lad a bit accident prone? [emoji54] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Yeah..... This is the second time I've cut myself with a broadhead. In my defense though it was two different broadheads.

Richard.

Comment

Well at least they're sharp. [emoji106]

Comment

I've used super glue several times I should have had stiches and any fast acting glue should work. It should be noted that if you have a deep puncture wound that you don't want to completely seal the opening so that it can drain.

Comment

Here's a trick I learned about using the super glue to close & seal a wound.

As soon as you get the glue applied how you want it, run some water over it.
                        Makes it set up real hard, real quick.

I have saved myself a trip to the ER, and stitches countless times doing this.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                          Here's a trick I learned about using the super glue to close & seal a wound.

As soon as you get the glue applied how you want it, run some water over it.
                          Makes it set up real hard, real quick.

I have saved myself a trip to the ER, and stitches countless times doing this.

Rick
                          Duly noted. Normally Im a duct or electrical taperer...after making/allowing the cut to bleed profusely to push out foreign organisms. Cayenne pepper is a blood coagulant, anti bacterial, pain tolerance increaser...leaves a wicked scar.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            Duly noted. Normally Im a duct or electrical taperer...after making/allowing the cut to bleed profusely to push out foreign organisms. Cayenne pepper is a blood coagulant, anti bacterial, pain tolerance increaser...leaves a wicked scar.
                            That's hard core.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Who? Richard or Rick ??

Comment

Working...
                              X