New stove question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stove question

We recently bought a house and are in the process of getting settled in and making things the way we want it. We are wanting to replace the stove/oven because the one in there now is OLD and not working properly. It is electric and there is no vent hood but is vented through the floor with a down draft. We went from buying a $1000 stove to now having to buy one with a down draft that is around $3000! My wife looked at Lowe's yesterday and the guy there told her they would not install if it wasn't vented.

Is there anyway around this??? Can I install a vent hood with a charcoal filter and just get a regular stove? After looking at a couple of buddies set up all they have is a stove with microwave on shelf above it with filter on the bottom of microwave.

I'm no help.

I just know I had to have a stove for our new house without the back piece since it was in the island that's all flat. They don't make "cheap" 1k stoves without the back so we had to pay $2,500 or so...But I think it's convection. Hope it lasts forever!

Comment

Working...
    X