No announcement yet.

CenTex drought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope y’all get some relief before too long. It’s been fairly crispy up this way this summer, too! I hate dry weather, it’s hard on everything. We have sorely needed rain forecasted early this week & my fingers are crossed.

Comment

All you guys that appreciate this drought, because it gets rid of "invasive plants and ash trees" should pay my bills this year.... I do what I do cause I love it. Go on back to town....

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
        All you guys that appreciate this drought, because it gets rid of "invasive plants and ash trees" should pay my bills this year.... I do what I do cause I love it. Go on back to town....
        I don’t think he meant he appreciates the drought. I took his sentence as “since we can’t control the weather, let’s at least look at a positive.”

Comment

Keep on loving it!!

It's even starting to get dry on the upper coast in areas. We have had much more rain here, just none recently.

Comment

Sitting on the porch at San Saba right now. Drought is showing more every trip.

Comment

A lot of good cattle being sold for cheap due to the drought.

Comment

I think they're trying their best to turn a lemon into lemonade. Nobody likes a drought.

Comment

Getting bad here in Robertson county. It seems as bad as 2011 but seems like it got this dry faster than then.

Comment

nw burnet is the same

Comment

4" total this year at my place in southern Coleman cnty

Comment

My stock tanks are lower than they were in 2011 here in Richland Springs. We pulled all the cows off last week and hopefully there is enough water for the deer for a couple more weeks, after that I will have to start putting water out for them.

Comment

We have managed to miss every good storm cell that has developed this year. I think we are at 7" or so for the year. Go east a mile or two and west a mile or two and they are three inches better off but still hurting. It sucks to live in the doughnut hole. Hay is $90 to $100 a round bale. I tried to buy a truck load from my regular supplier and ended up with eight bales. Seriously thinking about taking the cows to the packer and selling the hay. This isn't working.

Comment

I have a water trough near the cabin and the deer line up for it. You can walk outside and they look up with their eyeballs at you but don't stop drinking.

Everything is super crunchy and turning into dirt/sand.

Forecast says rain later this week. Fingers crossed.

Comment

We canceled our yearly trip to Garner. The river flow is dropping every week. 10 FPS this week and dropping. We have been going for over 26 years without a miss. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                                local corn fields already been cut for weeks now. usually not cut until a few days before dove opener.

from weather.gov in dfw area precip totals this year:
                                jan-0.85
                                feb-11.31
                                mar-2.90
                                apr-0.77
                                may-1.87
                                jun-1.27
                                jul-0.25
                                aug-0 so far

19.22" so far with 11 of that in feb.. not good this year
                                chance of rain in our forecast........

Comment

Working...
                                X