No announcement yet.

First deer rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That mini plain shoots! I have one, my buddy has one, other buddy has one. They all shoot great! I actually picked up a box of grendel ammo sent a picture buddy 1 and said man if they made a bolt gun in this it would be a perfect youth gun. Next day found the howa mini and we all bought one. They have both killed pigs with it.

Comment

Nice set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
        If only they made a lefty!!! I cant think of a better gun to start a young one with, but my oldest grandson is a lefty. Probably tune him up with my AR as a single shot next year.
        They do make the mini action in .223 for lefties so you might be able to call cz and have them throw a 6.5 barrel on a lefty for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          OP, great looking rifle. When he outgrows that stock, y’all can buy a full sized one and bed/fit it together. Then he’ll still have a capable deer gun.
          Adequate caliber, light weight, low recoil: the perfect mountain deer rifle.

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

that's an awesome set up and one of my current favorite rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                They do make the mini action in .223 for lefties so you might be able to call cz and have them throw a 6.5 barrel on a lefty for you.
                Bolt head is different too.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Bolt head is different too.
                  Ah I forgot about that.

Comment

This is the gun my daughter used to take her first couple deer with. Awesome little gun.

Comment

Working...
                    X