Attached Files

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm

Comment

I'm sure ragin will hate this one too

Comment

Looks good and it will have the big H marketing behind it but does it do anything that the 6.5x284, 6.5 SAUM or 265 WM doesn't do...?

I for one would like to see the 6.5 SAUM become a factory supported round. Or since the 300 WSM seems to be the only factory supported survivor of the short mag craze from a decade ago, make it a 6.5 WSM.

Personally, I'd like to build a 6.5-06AI but I tend to like the standard cartridges and feel if building a custom the AI mod makes em all the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
            Looks good and it will have the big H marketing behind it but does it do anything that the 6.5x284, 6.5 SAUM or 265 WM doesn't do...?

I for one would like to see the 6.5 SAUM become a factory supported round. Or since the 300 WSM seems to be the only factory supported survivor of the short mag craze from a decade ago, make it a 6.5 WSM.

Personally, I'd like to build a 6.5-06AI but I tend to like the standard cartridges and feel if building a custom the AI mod makes em all the better.
            It will have factory ammo options and shoot 140s in short action very respectably. I think this one is all that there isn't in factory option right now

I'm betting "saum" and "wsm" names can't be used by Hornady anyway

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Saum may still be coming

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1484846438.630161.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	24481293
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1484846458.576303.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	24481294

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  It will have factory ammo options and shoot 140s in short action very respectably. I think this one is all that there isn't in factory option right now

I'm betting "saum" and "wsm" names can't be used by Hornady anyway
                  You have a point, no one loads a 6.5x284 in a factory rifle...that I know of but they could use the short mags as a parent case with their own twist on it.

With a magnum bolt face, it would have capacity similar to that of the SAUM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    You have a point, no one loads a 6.5x284 in a factory rifle...that I know of but they could use the short mags as a parent case with their own twist on it.

With a magnum bolt face, it would have capacity similar to that of the SAUM.
                    They're saying 3-4 grains less and "supposedly" another big name is talking of loading the "saum" still. No idea who that is or what it would be called.

Comment

This will force me to spend more coin in the need to be different and build that 6.5-06AI. I feel like it will have no issue getting a 140 to 3k from a 26 inch barrel.

Too bad the standard action rounds seem to have fallen from favor after only being the greatest thing ever for about 90 years.

Comment

Yep, I was just looking at this on Facebook.

A little slower than the SAUM with a different parent case.

I wonder if hand loads could gain another 50-100fps to match the SAUM? As of now it just seems like a 6.5x284??

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          Yep, I was just looking at this on Facebook.

A little slower than the SAUM with a different parent case.

I wonder if hand loads could gain another 50-100fps to match the SAUM? As of now it just seems like a 6.5x284??
                          I think they said 40-50fps slower and I assume that meant at same pressures? Not real sure yet but George seems optimistic someone else will be loading 6.5saum specd ammo before too long. Also some whispers of new brass manufacturers so I wonder if Nosler isn't coming with a short action 6.5 speedster

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            I think they said 40-50fps slower and I assume that meant at same pressures? Not real sure yet but George seems optimistic someone else will be loading 6.5saum specd ammo before too long. Also some whispers of new brass manufacturers so I wonder if Nosler isn't coming with a short action 6.5 speedster
                            That's what I saw too. So basically 6.5x284 velocities with lower pressure.

I keep seeing George hint at the possibility of factory ammo soon. I doubt Nosler will be making it, but it would be pretty sweet if they did!

Comment

Praise the Lort! Atleast it's not a Needmoor Short!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X