Pet rabbit info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pet rabbit info needed

My son wants a pet rabbit. Any info on hutches and where to buy a rabbit in Montgomery? New to the rabbit game

Hutches can be found at tractor Supply. I get rabbits from my local flea market in Cleveland

Comment

See if you can find a hutch on craigslist or facebook before buying a new one. Rabbits are very fragile. You can kill it by scaring it. After people lose a few, they sell the supplies and no more rabbits.

Comment

Will agree with above statement

Comment

I agree as well. Rabbits as pets for kids don't last long.

Comment

not lasting long was what I was thinking. I'm looking to go cheap here.

Comment

My wife had a rabbit. Thing was smart. would jump back into its cage 3 foot off the ground to do its business in the litter box and jump back out to play with the dogs. Pretty cool pets but they can stink

Comment

They will kick and scratch the crap out of you so be careful when picking them up

Comment

For some reason I'm thinking there was a post on here that the OP was willing to give 50 bucks to the person that took his pet rabbit. Do a search.

Comment

I've got one running loose in the back yard you can have. You have to catch him. My daughter got him as a pet and had him in a cage out in the grass when he got out.

Comment

My wife's cousin has one, they had to go get his nuts cut he got mean and was boxing and beating up the little rat dog they have. I think he boxed one of her kids one time also. You're better off talking the kiddo into a gold fish lol

Comment

Agree with the above, I hate a dang rabbit, everyone I've ever been around eventually bit me.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. We are getting the Netherland Dwarf for the kiddo. Its the smallest rabbit in the world we were told.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I'm in the same boat. We are getting the Netherland Dwarf for the kiddo. Its the smallest rabbit in the world we were told.

My kids just got 2 about 3 months ago. Let’s just say one is dwarf and the other not so much. They actually stay in our house. No smell but my wife and kids clean the cages constantly. I was against a mean smelly rabbit but they saved up and paid for them.

My daughter actually purchased a leash for hers. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

Don't get a Flemish Giant. We had one turn into an attack rabbit. I finally turned it loose down in my pasture. A few days later the neighbor called and asked if we were missing a rabbit. He said he held out a carrot and the crazy rabbit ran up and bit him on the hand.

Here's a short video of him just before he was set free.

Our Flemish Giant male rabbit has gone crazy. He started attacking us every time we would go out to feed our critters.

Link to my thread from 2013.

Last edited by Froggy; 12-08-2017, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X