Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all tired of voluntarily paying Fed Income Tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or Willie Nelson he had to cut some album to pay off his past due taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I read enough fiction on TBH and don't need more from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
        A country can't exist without revenue. I would love to hear your plans for running a nation without taxes.
        Agreed, however this is crazy today.

Income tax when you earn it,
        Tax on money you make off of saving it
        taxed when you spend it
        taxed on property you then own after paying income tax, sales tax then now property tax
        If you invest it you will pay tax
        yearly registration on all auto Tax
        cable bill and cell phone is full of all kinds of extra tax
        extra tax on fuel
        extra tax on hunting gear
        extra tax on alcohol
        extra tax on strip clubs

Every way you turn your head there is some other bs tax being added on.

We are not using it to run a government, it is be used to make politicians even more wealthy

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I know a guy that bought into that several years ago and decided he wouldn't pay any taxes anymore. Long story short, he lost a few thousand acres of farm and ranch land when it came time to catch back up on all his back taxes.
          Paying off the tax owed is easy . . But the fines and interest will bankrupt you . .

Fighting Texas Aggies . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            I know a guy that bought into that several years ago and decided he wouldn't pay any taxes anymore. Long story short, he lost a few thousand acres of farm and ranch land when it came time to catch back up on all his back taxes.
            I had a client many years ago that bought into all that - he was a disciple of the first big celebrity tax protester, Irwin Schiff. Schiff didn't file for decades and wrote many books about why you didnt have to either. In 2015 he died in prison serving a long sentence. I was always baffled by this client of mine, as he was a smart, educated and successful man. He would preach to me about it and I would try to reason with him but to no avail. He did not go to jail but blew through 80% of his assets in attorney fees and IRS penalties before he admitted defeat. He went to his grave swearing he was in the right....
            Last edited by jerp; 11-18-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I had a client many years ago that bought into all that - he was a disciple of the first big celebrity tax protester, Irwin Schiff. Schiff didn't file for decades and wrote many books about why you didnt have to either. In 2015 he died in prison serving a long sentence. I was always baffled by this client of mine, as he was a smart, educated and successful man. He would preach to me about it and I would try to reason with him but to no avail. He did not go to jail but blew through 80% of his assets in attorney fees and IRS penalties before he admitted defeat. He went to his grave swearing he was in the right....
              From what I've read, Irwin Schiff got some things wrong and that's what got him busted. I think the main thing was he filed "exempt" rather than not filing at all.

PS: I haven't taken any action, just learning all I can at this point. From others successes and failures mainly.

Comment

Technically you don't have to.You just have to like concrete,and bars[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

can't roll my eyes hard enough...... Everyone must pay taxes like it or not. THE END

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                    From what I've read, Irwin Schiff got some things wrong and that's what got him busted. I think the main thing was he filed "exempt" rather than not filing at all.

PS: I haven't taken any action, just learning all I can at this point. From others successes and failures mainly.
                    No problem, if you don’t get it right you still have three hots and a cot in the Gray Bar Hotel

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post

let me put this as delicately as i can. you're an idiot if you don't pay your fed income taxes.

Comment

I have a friend that lived by this reasoning for five years. He ended up spending three years in jail and having to pay back taxes with interest. I think I would pay my taxes

Comment

Taxes have been around for a loooooong time.......render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's.

Don't get me wrong, the things that are taxed now are stupid but I'll continue to pay them in order to live outside the concrete and bars.

Comment

I think we can all agree that we're overtaxed. DirtyMike had a prime example...taxed for life, then taxed again when you're dead.

I'm all about trying to lower taxes, but you need taxes. If you went to work today, or hell, left your house today and were on a public road, that's taxes. Don't pay taxes and I won't feel bad for you when local PD and fire don't show up to help. House get hit by tornado? FEMA... paid for somehow by taxes. Don't want Russia invading the country? Guess where the military budget comes from...

I will gladly pay taxes, but let's look at our federal spending so we can find areas where we can save money and pay less in taxes and still have the same type of benefits we enjoy that our taxes pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                              Paying off the tax owed is easy . . But the fines and interest will bankrupt you . .

Fighting Texas Aggies . .
                              Yep. And the lawyer bills....and the jail time away from work....

Comment

Taxes are absolutely theft!

Arguing with a thief that's holding a gun isn't smart! (Whether he's wearing a badge or not)

Only about 20% of the tax code deals with what you have to pay-the other 80% tells you ways to not pay so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X