Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage

I recently bought a Savage 25 walking varminter in 17 hornet. I bought it online from a dealer on Gun Broker. Couldn’t test it out before I bought it. It shoots awesome but won’t eject casings. I had a gunsmith try to repair it , he couldn’t, and he said to send it back. Here’s the best part- I have to pay for shipping ($44) to send it to Savage. They sold a defective product that I paid full price for and now I have to pay an additional $44 so they can give me what I already paid for. Ridiculous in my opinion. It’s my third Savage. The first 2 didn’t have any issues. I don’t think I’ll buy another one though unless they resolve this shipping issue.

Any manufacturer will charge you for shipping, or have you ship it yourself. Just send it back and get it fixed. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but better than throwing it in the safe for eternity.

Comment

get your self the ejector kit upgrade. I do them on all savage bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post

Is there a particular brand you recommend, or is it one you can purchase through savage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
          It appears that the extractor doesn’t hold the case close enough to the bolt face for the ejector to do its job. It extracts but drops the case half way back. The gunsmith did clean the ejector and stretch the spring a little and we replaced the extractor too. Model 25 is a little different. It doesn’t have a detent ball, it’s a plunger type extractor.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            Any manufacturer will charge you for shipping, or have you ship it yourself. Just send it back and get it fixed. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but better than throwing it in the safe for eternity.
            It’s on its way to Savage
            Last edited by dc1986; 04-12-2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I hate to hear this. I just bought one from an online dealer and will be shooting it for the first time this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman27 View Post
                I hate to hear this. I just bought one from an online dealer and will be shooting it for the first time this week.
                Hopefully you have better luck than I did!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                  Is there a particular brand you recommend, or is it one you can purchase through savage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I couldn’t find one for the model 25. Found a few for the 110 and Axis

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    I couldn’t find one for the model 25. Found a few for the 110 and Axis
                    Is it a Savage product? I have the same issue with a model 110 tactical hunter - 6.5 CM I was going to send it back but haven't

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                      Is it a Savage product? I have the same issue with a model 110 tactical hunter - 6.5 CM I was going to send it back but haven't
                      I think they are aftermarket kits.

Comment

Working...
                      X