Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    Why sharpen broadheads?

A clean cut self seals easier and quicker than a jagged cut.....
    Actually, quite the opposite is true. Which clots faster, when you cut yourself shaving or a paper cut? I rest my case.

A jagged edge damages more cells. When a cell is damaged it releases thromboplastin. Thromb means to clot. Plastin means to repair. So...it clots and repairs. Finer/sharper edge equals less cells damaged. Less cells damaged equals less thromboplastin released. Less thromboplastin released equals more blood on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      Actually, quite the opposite is true. Which clots faster, when you cut yourself shaving or a paper cut? I rest my case.

A jagged edge damages more cells. When a cell is damaged it releases thromboplastin. Thromb means to clot. Plastin means to repair. So...it clots and repairs. Finer/sharper edge equals less cells damaged. Less cells damaged equals less thromboplastin released. Less thromboplastin released equals more blood on the ground.
      Ah!!
      How often should we sharpen them then?

Comment

From what I have read on single beveled heads they are supposed to twist through and spilt bone. These heads look fantastic.

Where did you buy them.

take care.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
          From what I have read on single beveled heads they are supposed to twist through and spilt bone. These heads look fantastic.

Where did you buy them.

take care.

Mike

With a little work I was able to put a good edge on them. They are dang sure stout - with enough KE I think they will bust any bone out there without geting damaged. We shall see - can't wait to put one through a pig and find out!

Comment

Good looking head

Comment

Working...
            X