Clear All

Killed a Oklahoma eastern turkey today

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
      Killed a Oklahoma eastern turkey today

Boom! Pics when you can. Congrats

Comment

https://www.ok.gov/conservation/Cons...vices_N-R.html

Anyone use this service in Push and is it worth it on some of the timber company land? Kinda like the idea of the no till drill but the rocky ground could decide it. May work in some of the areas they cleared and thinned recently but the ruts from the logging equipment are pretty bad right now.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
          https://www.ok.gov/conservation/Cons...vices_N-R.html

Anyone use this service in Push and is it worth it on some of the timber company land? Kinda like the idea of the no till drill but the rocky ground could decide it. May work in some of the areas they cleared and thinned recently but the ruts from the logging equipment are pretty bad right now.

Looked at this just recently with my new place up in Haskell County. Probably will go more the poor man plot route for the first couple of years there.

With the lack of good topsoil on our place in Push county I don’t think it would work for us. That and big rocks grow quicker than anything else up there. [emoji15]

Comment

We hunted this place or one real close to it two years ago for less then $5. The going rate in that area is about $5.00 to $5.50. Our owner tried to go to $10 and a lot set without hunters. We moved down the road about 10 miles for just over WAY less than $10. I am betting this guy paid $7 or so and is subleasing.

Yes. I know for a fact he is subleasing. For a fact...not an opinion. I'm really not sure the manager of the trust that owns the land knows he's subleasing. I know the broker on this deal.

Comment

New to posting on this board.

What do you guys plant in your food plots that has worked well for you?

When do you typically plant for your food plots?

Comment

Originally posted by chocolatelabs View Post
                New to posting on this board.

What do you guys plant in your food plots that has worked well for you?

When do you typically plant for your food plots?

I’ve had success with a blend of winter wheat, rye, and buck forage oats. We’ve planted in mid September with a rain coming.

Comment

Looks good, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Well MWW982 and I went to the lease today to pull cards! First 3 spots checked we found cameras had been stolen from 2 of them. Luckily I had an extra Stealth cam and python lock to replace the WGI that was stolen. Gonna be getting a few more python locks and putting some cams on the trail going to those spots. Maybe we can get some pics of our thief for the game warden.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                      Well MWW982 and I went to the lease today to pull cards! First 3 spots checked we found cameras had been stolen from 2 of them. Luckily I had an extra Stealth cam and python lock to replace the WGI that was stolen. Gonna be getting a few more python locks and putting some cams on the trail going to those spots. Maybe we can get some pics of our thief for the game warden.
                      sorry to hear that you were robbed. Thankfully it hasn't happened to us yet. I did have a feeder mechanism disappear but think the coons got it.

Comment

Bears stealing them cameras? they have taken several of ours over the years.

Comment

Same here. Lost one this way a couple of seasons ago. Found it about 30 yards away.

Comment

Nope, had 4 wheeler tracks towards the stands where the cameras were. Unless our bears have gotten jobs, purchased atv's.....don't think it was bears. Now as for ruining ground blinds.....definitely bears.

Comment

Bear boxes with a combo lock are the way to go up there. I lost 1 until I went this route.

Comment

This is the reason people have damaged feeders.

Comment

Working...
                                X