John McCain does it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See my post #23.

I was simply saying in #29, his hero status has no bearing on his betrayal in office.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
      See my post #23.

I was simply saying in #29, his hero status has no bearing on his betrayal in office.
      Does make one question his account of captivity and whether he sang like a bird or not...

FTR- I don't really care how he votes on this. The current health reform is as big of a fluster cuck as the original, same tune different lyrics

Comment

I think he says this repeal and replace plan does not go far enough as a way to support obamacare. He never will support any plan because he wants obamacare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

And now Ted Cruz says he’s against the current bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
            And now Ted Cruz says he’s against the current bill.
            So is Rand Paul and Mike Lee but for different reasons than McCain. Lee, Cruz and Paul don't support it because it is a bill with lateral movement and they don't want to attach their names to a bill that keeps premiums high. McCain is just a Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
              I believe most people here voted for him during his run for president.
              I admit it, I did. he did have a nice v.p. pick

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                Just repeal the flucking thing already!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                this is what they said they were going to do; BEFORE Trump hammered all of their arses. talk is cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  So what do you call the war hero who returns home and dresses like a Republican to get in office, votes like a Democrat, lies, and tries to destroy the country before he dies?
                  RINO/traitor

Comment

I am new to the board.
                    I am a Texas veteran.
                    Do you wrap yourselves in the American flag when you call a distinguished veteran a traitor?
                    My congressman is Sam Johnson..He is also a distinguished veteran. He is conservative and represents me. John McCain represents the people of Arizona and must be representing them well because they keep sending him back.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                      I am new to the board.
                      I am a Texas veteran.
                      Do you wrap yourselves in the American flag when you call a distinguished veteran a traitor?
                      My congressman is Sam Johnson..He is also a distinguished veteran. He is conservative and represents me. John McCain represents the people of Arizona and must be representing them well because they keep sending him back.
                      A little advice....
                      Back away slowly.
                      Don't get sucked into this section of the site.

Please learn from my mistake.

Lot of knowledgeable fellas on here.
                      Even if their knowledge of our health care system is lacking.
                      Real good hearts.

Comment

I am new to the board.
                        I am a Texas veteran.
                        Two flags and a cape.

Comment

.He is also a distinguished veteran.
                          I know a few veterans that would disagree with you.

Comment

Serving in the military is very honorable and something that is held in high regard around here. But being a veteran doesn't give a man a lifetime pass on everything else. John Kerry served too. Lots of others who served honorably have come home and eventually done less than honorable things - McCain included.

Comment

I will echo what Shane said. Being a war hero means just that - you performed bravely at great sacrifice for your country and you should be eternally honored for that service. It does not mean your political opinions carry any more (or less) weight than than that of any other citizen. "Traitor" is pretty strong but it fits, if by that you mean he is a traitor to the causes of conservatism he espoused to get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                                John McCain's "district" is obviously the state of Arizona, and I haven't seen evidence showing that the majority of his constituents wanted him to support Graham-Cassidy. On the other hand, I have seen analysis that indicates Arizona would be one of the biggest losers in federal funding to states if Graham-Cassidy were to pass.

On a related note, a poll of Arizona voters in late July reportedly had the following results:

Support GOP "skinny repeal": 6%
                                Repeal and replace Obamacare: 36%
                                Keep Obamacare but make changes: 49%

Assuming these numbers are similar for Graham-Cassidy, it seems McCain has sided with a plurality of Arizonans over Trump and the GOP. Another maverick moment...

I didn't find Senator McCain's official statement from yesterday to be very consistent with the position he communicated during his 2016 re-election campaign, but I do think it might be the most sensible thing I've read this year about the political process that should be used to reform healthcare in the US.
                                That's pretty good evidence he is doing what his constituents want, if that is accurate data. I don't trust polls though.

However, he stated over and over and has been re-elected on the promise that he will repeal Obamacare. And he failed to do that this time. Again. That's my beef

Comment

Working...
                                X