No announcement yet.

Gasoline shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this shows us how vulnerable we are if someone was to target our recourses related to how we live daily. Can you imagine what would happen if water and electricity were scarce? If our banking industry was shut down for a while? It can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      Really? Like from where in west Texas?
      Since he sells Valero gas I assume it is from their refinery near Amarillo - not west Texas I guess, more Panhandle

Comment

The worst part is most of that gas will go bad before it gets used. You can't stockpile the crap they make today. It'll go bad sitting in a garage pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          The logistics of the cleanup and reconstruction, rescue efforts, relief
          Rely on a steady stream of clean fuel. My wife donated money at work for relief
          I donate time and money to the San Antonio food bank
          Without fuel , we can't get to work , no work no money to help people less fortunate than us who were not sparred from the storm
          I don't mind being inconvenienced, it baffles me to see stay at home moms complaining about inconvenience , or guy's in here worried about going dove hunting.
          I wasn't inconvenienced in the least..I'm pretty sure this man,and his wife were in panic mode.
          Like I said before.That junky *** trailer wasn't headed South.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
            I think this shows us how vulnerable we are if someone was to target our recourses related to how we live daily. Can you imagine what would happen if water and electricity were scarce? If our banking industry was shut down for a while? It can happen.
            What this shows is just how naive the American people are. Flashback Orsen Welles " war on the worlds"

Comment

Originally posted by ATControlFreak View Post
              So, I guess I was one of the "idiots" everyone is talking about today. I was in Denton this morning with my wife and family. We left Houston on Tuesday once we had a clear pathway out of town. We spent two days in North Texas to "clear our heads" and count the blessings that were bestowed upon us. Everyone was safe and no damage was done to our home. We needed to get back to Houston to help with the cleanup and to get back to a sense of normalcy. I'm an air traffic controller now, but my previous job was with a petroleum carrier (fuel trucks) . So I have a "better than most" understanding of how this infrastructure works. I filled up both vehicles and also filled cans totaling 20 gallons more. We made our way back to Houston this afternoon with all of our "extra" fuel in tow. I now have a reserve should we or any of our friends need it for generators, chain saws, boats, or whatever else is deemed necessary. My point of this long post is that you "Holyer than Thou" types that are jumping to conclusions about the IDIOTS buying up all of your fuel, should consider yoursely lucky that you only have to wait in a long fuel line and don't have to deal with the destruction and total disruption of lives that is happening in my hometown.

Respectfully, The Idiot.

Your situation is so much different than all of these other folks. You are not an idiot just planning for what is in front of you. I'm in the San Antonio area and people are acting like the sky is about to fall when in some regards it did in Houston. Praying for you guys, my mother is there in Houston and somehow made it out unscathed. Good luck to you sir.

Comment

Is it even legal to haul gasoline in tanks on a trailer like that?

If you are not supposed to transport gasoline in those toolbox/tank combos I can't see something like posted above being approved

Dang sure not secured well if they only have a single strap ran over them

Comment

I know that it is illegal to haul that much fuel with out proper licensing. But I am no expert
                  Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-31-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

You cant transport more than 115 gallons of fuel in TX without a license and permit

Comment

I foresee many weedeaters fouled out with stale gasoline next spring... "Now when did I fill that can up? Oh that's right, I went full sheep after Harvey 7 months ago. Guess I'll just dump this behind the house in the alley.."
                      Last edited by woodsman; 08-31-2017, 11:22 PM. Reason: It should go without saying that folks impacted by Harvey or are helping those who were are doing the right thing by stocking up...

Comment

Wow... that is all

Comment

Quik Trip I20 and Collins in Arlington had plenty of gas in and out in 5 mins

Comment

Talked to a Harvey evacuee tonight, they're in Kerrville. Before he makes a run back to Port Aransas he has to have enough fuel for a round trip before leaving Kerrville. They can not return to a home without power until there is a steady fuel supply to run the generator. SMH

Comment

only the truly brainwashed could let the media sway their opinion enough, to blame the consumers for this. unreal.

he-he-he yupp i was at the pump today, and everyyyone there was idiots! dagg gumm people just buyin gas that they dont need! yupp they ortta be arrested!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                                Talked to a Harvey evacuee tonight, they're in Kerrville. Before he makes a run back to Port Aransas he has to have enough fuel for a round trip before leaving Kerrville. They can not return to a home without power until there is a steady fuel supply to run the generator. SMH
                                I'm headed down to coast today and I am not leaving till I get enough fuel for round trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X