Farm pond bassin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm pond bassin

One of my favorite things to fish is stock tanks and farm ponds.

Made a quick walk around of one today thats about 100 yards long and 40 yards wide. The bass where laid up in the shallows after all the rain and destroying a 1/4 oz spinner bait.

Caught 9 in about an hour and had to leave. First time fishing it and will do it again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man I love throwing h&h spinners at tank bass. One of my favorite things to do with my dad and brothers growing up.

Comment

Good times

Comment

Nice work. Deer hunting this weekend? Bucks are chasing in my area.

Comment

Can’t beat it with a stick!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
            Nice work. Deer hunting this weekend? Bucks are chasing in my area.
            yes sir. This is the first friday in a long time I havent taken off to hunt. The last 3 or 4 bucks Ive killed have all come from the friday before rifle opens. I just dont have a buck thats tripped my trigger this year. Seen some good bucks but Im more into getting wife and kiddo and archery deer

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
            Can’t beat it with a stick!

nope, and those fish fought like bass 2x their size!

Comment

Here's one from my last trip--

Comment

You ever make bass cervichi

Comment

Yep, my boys have gotten so spoiled with the little tanks at our lease that after 5 minutes fishing anywhere else they're mad if not catching anything.

Comment

H & H's are old school, and I love them!

Comment

Man, you should have gone out this morning in your waders to practice for next weekend's trip!! Bought me some Simms G3's this morning... OUCH!! Didn't know those things cost so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Man, you should have gone out this morning in your waders to practice for next weekend's trip!! Bought me some Simms G3's this morning... OUCH!! Didn't know those things cost so much!!
                        I have been wondering about taking waders or not??? That said my father in law just bought a pair in POC last week that are very similar to the sims. Tackle shop guy said if they ever leak, bring back and the company will replace them. Made in USA (texas I think) and 160 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Is that the ones with the zipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            sitka makes zipper front. Theyre just 1000 bucks

I have had some fleeting moments where waders had to come down with the quickness but none bad enough to justify 1000 bucks. In the event I cant make it happen, Ill just buy a new pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I have been wondering about taking waders or not??? That said my father in law just bought a pair in POC last week that are very similar to the sims. Tackle shop guy said if they ever leak, bring back and the company will replace them. Made in USA (texas I think) and 160 bucks

http://www.gulfcoastwaders.com/Breat...-Waders_c2.htm
                              Yep, heard good things about them too... just didn't have time to order or go runnin' anything down...

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                              I did not get the G4Z's but sure did look at 'em... but eight hunert bucks for waders is just a bit over the top for me!! If I could have found the Patagonia version of them though in town, I'd have bought them... I don't do much fall/winter fishin' so hard to justify that kind of money for one or two trips a year... They sure are nice though!!

Comment

Working...
                              X