So with this full moon ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So with this full moon ...

Looks like a sleep in and a midday hunt is in order.
    Been seeing a quite a few dead deer on the road , this tells me the chasing phase has started so the rut in Southeast Texas must be right around the corner. can't tell you how many times I've heard I want to be in the woods on Halloween.
    Good look my East Texas Brothers.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Dang, out in west tx. First year on a lease and wondering what effect this moon would have....then I saw it was BTB. Go the sleep BTB. I need to too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbird8791 View Post
      Dang, out in west tx. First year on a lease and wondering what effect this moon would have....then I saw it was BTB. Go the sleep BTB. I need to too.
      Only at work lol [emoji3]

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
        Only at work lol [emoji3]

Thought it was gonna be another live hunt by you. Lol. I’ll have a chance at my first WT bow buck in the morning. Property has been flooded though, we’ll see. I was really wondering if deer will be foraging all night and less willing to come to hand corn and roasted oaks.

Comment

Sounds like a plan, love hunting over a new/full moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jbird8791 View Post
            Thought it was gonna be another live hunt by you. Lol. I’ll have a chance at my first WT bow buck in the morning. Property has been flooded though, we’ll see. I was really wondering if deer will be foraging all night and less willing to come to hand corn and roasted oaks.
            I've seen them eat corn under a feeder that was four inches underwater.
            But yeah I think they will be up feeding tonight but then up again around midday.

Comment

I have always killed good deer this time of year with a full moon. Mostly evenings with about 30 minutes of shooting time left.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                I have always killed good deer this time of year with a full moon. Mostly evenings with about 30 minutes of shooting time left.
                Yep.
                And I've been get a lot of mid morning pics the last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Good to hear. I hope it works for me.

Comment

I've killed deer early in the morning on a full moon, as the deer would be out on a neighbors oat patch near me, and get caught coming off the field late (legal shooting hour) and headed toward their bedding area.
                    I used to love a full moon, and taken some good bucks off that stand.
                    When I opened them up their stomachs were stuffed with oats.
                    Last edited by Jimbo47; 10-27-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                      I've killed deer early in the morning on a full moon, as the deer would be out on a neighbors oat patch near me, and get caught coming off the field late (legal shooting hour) and headed toward their bedding area.
                      Really

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                        Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        Really

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                        Yep...

We had a set up similar to this in Harper as a kid...
                        It was "the stand" to be in on full moon weekends....but after about 730-8, nothing....

Comment

Slow mourning here so far that moon was bright this morning but the kiddo was fired up so we are trying

Comment

I’ve got 3 does at my feeder right now. Until last weekend there were 4 in this group. ��
                            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-27-2018, 06:58 AM.

Comment

First hunt so far this year that I haven’t seen deer. It is still early tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X