paper tuning tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paper tuning tip

so im throwing this out there so someone else doesnt pull their hair out also. while trying to get my Bowmadness XS to paper tune i kept getting right tears. ended up buying new arrow in 340 spine figuring i had a weak spine. got them in and, cut to length....good to go right?...nope. still getting that tear. after messing with getting up down correct with the dloop i removed it to change colors and materials. when i reinstalled and shot, NO RIGHT TEAR!!
    so it was either the material not being as stiff or the length being a little longer that did it, but it was the dloop giving the right tear. what a friggin headache!!! but hopefully this will help someone learn from my mistake.

or it was the way i had it tied on, before i had both strings of the loop coming off the same side. when i finished this time, one came off the right and the other the left.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
      or it was the way i had it tied on, before i had both strings of the loop coming off the same side. when i finished this time, one came off the right and the other the left.
      bingo. That string was torqued a bit.

Comment

Paper is for wiping your arse!

Modified French Tune and then BH tune is all you need.

Comment

french tune after i get it paper tuned. paper lets me see anything i coulda got wrong during the string install. french tuning is ONLY for centershot. ill do that today. i woulda moved my rest halfway across the shelf if i had went straight to french tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
            french tune after i get it paper tuned. paper lets me see anything i coulda got wrong during the string install. french tuning is ONLY for centershot. ill do that today. i woulda moved my rest halfway across the shelf if i had went straight to french tuning.
            Ok

Comment

Paper tuning is first step in getting centershotbset set. Unless you knowingly are shooting a underspined arrow. Paper tuning is not showing you a weak or stiff arrow.

A right or left tear is your arrow is not in the center of the power stroke.

Then step back and do,your other steps. Modified French tuning is good if you only have a short distance to tune. If you have 40 or so yards then walk,back is a better method.

A lot of timed after a walk back,tune th arrow will no longer shot a bullet hold at short distance through the paper
              Last edited by enewman; 11-05-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Paper is for wiping your arse!

Modified French Tune and then BH tune is all you need.
                I will keep my paper tuning. Haven't had a bow yet it didn't help.

Comment

Never had any use for any thing French!

Comment

Good catch. Another thing I have seen is people will nock the arrow and then give the string a twist to correctly align the peep; this can also cause strange tears in the paper.

A light twist I think could be okay, but if you are turning your peep 45° it can cause string torque/oscillation.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      I will keep my paper tuning. Haven't had a bow yet it didn't help.
                      After you BH tune....shoot it thru paper again. Tell me what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                        Never had any use for any thing French!
                        Not even French fries?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                          Good catch. Another thing I have seen is people will nock the arrow and then give the string a twist to correctly align the peep; this can also cause strange tears in the paper.

A light twist I think could be okay, but if you are turning your peep 45° it can cause string torque/oscillation.
                          A lot of folks overlook their nocks being too tight.

String pinch at the loop creates all kinds of problems..... a good set of loop pliers eliminates that issue for diy guys.

Comment

Or just get an Elite and go kill something !

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              After you BH tune....shoot it thru paper again. Tell me what you see.
                              My broadhead and field points have the same POI to 60 yards. I'm shooting bullet holes with fetching and bare shafts. You can BH, BU, BS tune if you like. You can do it in french, english, Spanish or Portuguese as well. But if your bow isn't sending your arrow down range in a straight line of force then you are losing kinetic energy and going to have problems with POI using larger diameter fixed blade heads.

Comment

Working...
                              X