G5 Carbon Steel Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G5 Carbon Steel Broadheads

Those that have used the new montecs by G5..the carbon steel models that claim to be 25% sharper than the original G5's, just wondering what ya'lls opinions were. I always liked the way the original G5's flew straight, but they were almost impossible to sharpen and weren't even that sharp out of the box. Thanks

Well, I like the montecs, but the blades sharpness was a problem for me too. I switched over to the G5 striker, and love them!! I may even try out the new Striker Magnum 1 1/2" cut on a low profile head..

Comment

G5 broadheads

I'm partial to the G5 Striker, best of the lot, sharp, excellent penetration and can replace the blades.

Comment

I will probably give the striker magnum a try, since I liked the striker so much. had the same problem with sharpness in the original G5. now I use all those old G5's for practice heads.

Comment

If you are wanting the G5 bh, you might try the CS model. A little stronger and tough carbon steel (CS) This is the first I've heard of someone saying "not sharp". Of course the sharpest blades out there are the ones by NAP! One of my surgeon friends uses them for surgury. He made a holder tool that he slips the blade inside tighten the nut, and cuts you open. He says the blades are the sharpest out there, and a lot cheaper than the medical supply blades! BTW he uses Thunderhead 125 replacement blades! He also has the worlds record for Brown Bear, and one of the very few hunters that has taken the "Grand Slam" of sheep. Dr. Jack Frost

Comment

Working...
          X