Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
    He never was on the kill list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right there is your answer.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

I mean I understand he is 5.5 are older but we had him on the no kill list . I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members the member made a decision on his own and said he is definitely 5.5 and shot the buck without telling the rest of us .. and other members are mad including myself because they thought he was on the no kill list !!

Seems to me you already answered your question. If you "never made it clear" to all the members and the buck is 5.5 then he did exactly what your current rules allow.
      Next year make an actual list and give to all members.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        What if he would have been 5 and not 5.5? The lease member followed the rules. He/she should not suffer any repurcussions whatsoever. Sounds like the one with the problem is the lease boss. We’re talking about a deer. It’s not a life or death issue. Guy shot a deer he is happy with. Move on. This is silly

Sounds like such a fun place.
        He would have been poaching since he would have been 5 back in the Spring.

Comment

I mean I understand he is 5.5 are older but we had him on the no kill list . I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck MAYBE going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members the member made a decision on his own and said he is definitely 5.5 and shot the buck without telling the rest of us .. and other members are mad including myself because they thought he was on the no kill list !!

No ground to stand on unless you just don’t like the guy and want him gone. Your lease your choice but not the end of the world that the deer is dead.

Comment

He was listed on the no kill list before season

If y’all’s no-kill list is as confusing as your first few posts on this thread, I’d say you probably shouldn’t do anything to him.

Comment

Clear as mud!

Wouldn’t every 5.5 year old have the potential to really blow up at 6.5?

Y’all need a new lease manager. Changing rules over one deer will pizz any lease member off regardless of the reason as it appears it’s being done to favor a particular member.

Title of this thread should be, “What to Do With Lease Manager Who Changes the Rules!”
              Last edited by Fishndude; 11-02-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I have a shoot no shoot list....I just wished my neighbors would get with the program!

I have been involved with a similar situation and after it was said and done, I did not blame the guy... I should have killed that buck first!

The fact that he put an arrow in him and did not tell anyone is the real issue to me!

Comment

I bet he ate well who cares about the horns

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    Yeah, I can see the problem.....

No problems here, just move along son[emoji23]. Clear as mud!!!!

Comment

Too many trickle down evidence bein released at OP's leisure...
                      Deer wasnt officially on a no hit list...just a implied list in discussion...was 5.5 which makes it officially a shooter according to rules...hunter then didnt tell anyone...i stopped reading after that

Kick OP off lease for failure to properly tell a story.

Comment

He was on always on the kill list because he was 5.5 by your LEASE RULES. if this went to court you would LOSE.

If the age limit is 5.5 and he is a 5.5 year old he is with in the rules you set forth or its 5.5 unless we decide differently. Good luck with your decision

Comment

Your “punishment” you are looking for should have already been clearly communicated in the lease agreement prior to the season starting. You shouldn’t enforce one now if it never was written before. Maybe change the rules for next year?

It’s hard enough understanding your position in a few posts, I could understand how someone could be easily confused if this is the type of communication they’ve received from you.

Chalk it up as a learning lesson and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                            The way I look at it, the rules state 5.5 are legal but because you "think" the deer will blow up a year later this was placed on the "no kill" list. In my opinion you need to have all the members vote on it and have the vote recorded. If not, he was following the rules. It sounds like that you are more upset that this lease member has taken 2 decent bucks off the property.

I had a similar situation on the lease I am managing. My rule is 8 point or better and no spikes unless we can tell it is it's second set of antlers. A lease member violated those rules, shot a spike, and lost it. I was ******. I let him finish out the year but he was not allowed back on the lease the next season. Thankfully, he didn't shoot anything else.

I agree with this analysis.^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                              Yeah, I can see the problem.....
                              nailed it

Originally posted by KILLERMILLER View Post
                              Picture's or it didn't happen.
                              pics of a deer I dont think we're sure is even dead.......

Well another problem is he never recovered the buck but another lease member caught wind of him shooting the buck ! And was asking since when do we shoot bucks that are not on the No Kill list ! Of course we didn’t have a clue what was going on !!

Ive lost count on reasons Im glad we own the dirt we chase deer on.

Comment

I'm going to hold off on giving an answer until I hear what the other side of my mouth has to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X