Combination Locks Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combination Locks Upgrade

I need to update the combination locks on our lease gates. I'm using Sesamee and Master Lock 175 now.
    Most of the members like using the combination locks instead of key locks.
    I'm looking for recommendations on brands and models of locks. I would like them to be a better quality than the Sesamee or Master lock.

Funny you started this. I need to change ours also. I could barley read the numbers this afternoon when leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we have six gates all with Master Lock and use the blue can Lock lubricant. numbers are getting hard to read

Comment

The Sesame and Master locks are easy to overcome. Sharp blow with a hammer and they are open. I've opened several of them after they stopped working just like that. A high grade key lock is the best way to go, but I understand why guys would rather have a combo. My places are locked with keyed locks.

Comment

ABUS Granit keyed lock!

Comment

Let me write down the numbers on a combination lock a few times after access and I can figure out its combination. Keyed lock is best. jmo

Comment

Originally posted by Mudbug View Post
              ABUS Granit keyed lock!
              This^ Abus is a quality lock.. 10 times better than any Master lock.

The top of line are medeco, abloy, mul t lock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Key Locks are preferable to me so the numbers don’t get worn out. I have a universal master lock key that I keep on my key ring. It’s helped me get into several places that I lost the gate key to. It also help when I was a patrol deputy for the county and had livestock out of a fence. I’d just open a gate and get them off the road and cal the cattle deputy.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the input.

Comment

Just use what you like. Trespassers don't care about the locks anyway. They will cut or break a lock, take gate off hinges or get in any number of ways regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        This^ Abus is a quality lock.. 10 times better than any Master lock.

The top of line are medeco, abloy, mul t lock

Are these things really a $100 each?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          Are these things really a $100 each?

https://www.amazon.com/ABUS-Granit-P.../dp/B004GE9H8W
                          Yeah man. Its when you have important stuff that needs to be secure!
                          We have one of these i mentioned on our container at the lease and we park 3 of our jeeps in there.

Comment

Have you seen the master lock combination lock that are Bluetooth? You can drive up and pop the lock from a phone APP. A client has one and it is the only one I’ve delt with

Comment

BEST lock.... I think $50 a piece and they are stout! It’s what most O&G and electric companies use.. usually brass encased wnd you can get logos or names
                              Last edited by Easttxbowman; 10-22-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X