Scent Elimination Vs Drug Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent Elimination Vs Drug Dog

For more and more of us, spraying down has become part of the deer hunting ritual. We slip on our camo and immediately mist it in a no-scent fog. We slide into rubber boots and shower the soles before taking a step. We hang a bow, a pack, or a trail cam and—you got it—douse it with deodorizing spray. The question is, does all this spritzing actually help you beat a buck’s nose?

It's prolly been posted on here, but I thought about this for a while and keep wondering why I fork over 10 bucks for this stuff...

I keep wondering about getting an Ozonics too!

That is a great article. I think what surprised me most was how the dog tracked the guy wearing rubber boots just as easily as when he was wearing leather boots. Imread that article a few months ago and that pushed me over the edge to finally buy an Ozonics

Comment

I was reading another part of it, and what really shocked me were cover scents vs scent elimination.

Doubt I'll go back to fox pee, but cedar might be the ticket.

Comment

That is a great article. I think what surprised me most was how the dog tracked the guy wearing rubber boots just as easily as when he was wearing leather boots. Imread that article a few months ago and that pushed me over the edge to finally buy an Ozonics

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
          I was reading another part of it, and what really shocked me were cover scents vs scent elimination.

Doubt I'll go back to fox pee, but cedar might be the ticket.
          When I'm hunting in cedar country, I break off a branch and scuff my boots on it a bunch and then rub it on pants and top, underarms, etc. and carry it with me to the stand. I put it on the platform or hang it on the tree.

On my other place (no cedar) I make use of the piles of horse and donkey droppings to load up my boots---but I don't rub them on my clothes.

Comment

I think it's pretty silly to think that we can totally eliminate our scent from an animal.

The best we can hope for is to dilute it to the point that they don't haul *** instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I have watched hogs cross my path in an open field and seen them react to my path when I was wearing plain leather hunting boots and not react to my path when I was wearing rubber boots. So I wear rubber boots.
              Makes me feel better anyway

I don't think anything eliminates all scent

Comment

here is another article using ozone and ozonics...

it works, at least for a longer period of time.

Hunting and fishing tactics from the pros, gear reviews, and adventure stories. Field & Stream is the Soul of the Total Outdoorsman.

Comment

I just did a test this past weekend with my buddy's ozonics. I purposely hunted a NW wind which blows directly at my feeder. I was hunting a mature 8pt out of a popup and he came in directly down wind along with 4-7 more does and fawns. I was able to stick him as he was 23 yds with the wind at my back. I'm an ozonics believer now!

Comment

I grab some sage and leave it in my hunting clothes all year. West Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X