Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some deer harvest information...

What I’m needing is just a “I have” or “have not”.... pic if ya want

For East Texas hunters ( for this let’s just say anything east of I-35) Low Fenced property

Q: In past 5 years Have you killed a mature buck ( for this let’s call mature 4.5+) AT a timed feeder that hasn’t been hog fenced?

Not asking about seen pics or hand corn or protein. Just corn spun from feeder not penned

Oh, nothing within 2 miles of a golf course either

Comment

1 that was 4.5 and 1 that was 5.5

Comment

I have x3 in the last 5 years

Although Caldwell county isn’t very East, it is east of I35 and overrun with pigs.

Comment

I have not , have not seen a buck at a feeder in past 3 years at all in the Cleveland area. Added feed pens this summer around my setups and now see bucks daily at my feeders. We will see what happens when I get a chance to hunt them.

Comment

We had a place in Leon county and couldn’t get the deer, or pigs, to come to a feeder. Too much natural browse I guess.

Comment

Nope. Never seen a mature buck at a feeder on the family place in Hopkins county.

They stay along the thick creek bottoms.

Comment

I have not...

I kill a mature buck almost every year in East Tx but rarely ever at a feeder. None of our feeders have hog panels around them. I get lots of nighttime pics of mature bucks at those feeders but they always seem to die in other areas. I did get one opportunity at a 140" buck under a feeder a couple years back and totally blew it. That's the only time in 17 years of hunting that place that I've had a 5.5+ year old under a feeder while I was hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                  Oh, nothing within 2 miles of a golf course either
                  killjoy

Comment

No, all of mine are fenced except one tree feeder. That one is there to murder hogs.

Comment

I have

161”. 4 1/2 + year old. He was at my feeder almost everyday from July until he was killed in November. Hardin County, Votaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do almost every other year in Tyler county. But they typically are nocturnal at feeders I just sit a lot and they eventually mess up and come out at the wrong time or they follow a hot doe out to the feeder and then bang bang

Comment

Yes, killed a 5 year old at at timed feeder without any fencing.

Comment

Yes. My avatar buck was killed at a feeder in Leon county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once in 4 years, hard to see a buck over 2.5 where I hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X