Truck A/C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck A/C?

OK, I'm ready to get my a/c going before it gets too hot. I am replacing the compressor, accumulator and orifice tube. My questions are...... What type of oil goes into the compressor and what type? How much goes in the compressor, evaporator and condenser? I'm working on a 1993 Chevy with a R4 compressor converted to r134. Once I get it together, I will go have a vacuum pulled on it and get it charged. I can't afford to have it done so I'm doing the labor myself.

Durn I wish Dropem still had his shop up here.

Compressor should come pre oiled

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing deals on this Air Vacuum Pump W/ R134A And R12 Connectors at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Cheaper than paying a shop;

Comment

Originally posted by Jven View Post
        Compressor should come pre oiled

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
        I'll check, but I was told the new one is dry. I'll look when I get home.

I don't mind doing the work, I just want to do it right.

Comment

My 2014 F150 had a coil leak, they wanted $2,300 to replace the coil under the dash.

$40 for a recharger at O'Really's and 1 year later I'm still good with cold AC.

Comment

Hey there buddy!! Normally the new compressor does not come with oil in it. If it does it will have a label on it or the box saying so. Give me a call and I'll walk you through the rest.
            (940)465-3234

Comment

Originally posted by dropem View Post
              Hey there buddy!! Normally the new compressor does not come with oil in it. If it does it will have a label on it or the box saying so. Give me a call and I'll walk you through the rest.
              (940)465-3234
              Daaaang lookey there! What's up dropem? Welcome back!...

Comment

PAG 150 6oz is what I would put in a R4 compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Daaaang lookey there! What's up dropem? Welcome back!...
                  What’s up??? Been busy with my new career. I’ve been all over the U.S. I’m in Tennessee now but when I’m back in Texas you still need to teach me how to make sausage.

Comment

Is be Leary of doing all that work just to have it bite the dust from junk in the condenser... if compressor was rattling prior to going out there a good chance metal shavings got in the system- it's a 50$ part and could very well still be fine on your current one, however at that price I'm replacing it also
                    I did this year's ago on my 95 z and it came back to.bite me pretty quick bc shortcut.
                    Good luck and be very careful when threading lines to evaporator if they strip ur in trouble

Comment

What’s up??? Been busy with my new career. I’ve been all over the U.S. I’m in Tennessee now but when I’m back in Texas you still need to teach me how to make sausage.

Hahahaha. Will do. Just let me know! Good to here you in a new career!

Comment

kingranch is right. If the compressor let chunks fly, replace everything but the high and low hoses because you have trash all through the system and you'll never flush it all out.

You have to flush all the R12 and old oil residue out of every component really well before you pull the vacuum and put the R134 into the system. The hillbilly that taught me said the flush can be lots of brake cleaner, pushed out by lots of compressed air. Disconnect each major part and each hose, then flush each segment well. Rinse and repeat till flush is clear with no visible chunks of junk.

Put it back together, pour in your measured amount of pag oil, and pull the vacuum down for 30 minutes. Autozone will lend you the pump and gauges for free. Turn off the vac pump. If it holds vacuum for 30 minutes without loss, load it with new R134 per the manual, not more than spec. Done.

Comment

(940)465-3234
                          I'll call you when I'm ready. Too much other crap has happened and I don't have the parts yet. Good to hear from ya!

Comment

while your system is open

Pag 150- get a can of a/c cleaner and blow it through the front coil with compressed air. Make sure you have no leaks with a vacuum pump.

Comment

hope you get yours fixed. Im on my 3rd system. I can recharge my system and within a week its gone. Got a leak somewhere. Gonna have a buddy look at mine in a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X