No announcement yet.

Val Verde County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got on a lease in val verde. can't wait for this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
      Just got on a lease in val verde. can't wait for this year!!
      Where at?!! Glad you joined this thread

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
        Where at?!! Glad you joined this thread

4000 acres outside del rio. Going out there next weekend to clear some roads and set up blinds. Place is absolutely LOADED with exotics.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
          4000 acres outside del rio. Going out there next weekend to clear some roads and set up blinds. Place is absolutely LOADED with exotics.
          D**n that's awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Bauer View Post
            The biggest two deer from our area came when we had water in river at camp. And they were not at feeders 182 & the one on my pic 145". Get on top of hills and watch the bottoms. My son shot his at 275 yards and 12 years old.

^^^This is what I do. Rattling horns and glassing.

Comment

Did rattling work last year? I was really disappointed in the "lack" of what I expected for the rut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and FOWL_LIF3 got the trailer loaded up with bow blind platforms and feeder pens headed out Friday morning. Will see what we have on camera.

Comment

Can't wait to see what's on camera!

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                    Can't wait to see what's on camera!

All your seeing is a bunch of does that's it.. well maybe a spike or a 4pt.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                      ^^^This is what I do. Rattling horns and glassing.
                      The week after Thanksgiving was terrific.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post
                        All your seeing is a bunch of does that's it.. well maybe a spike or a 4pt.

Don't do me let me that! I promise I'll help fill feeders next trip. Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                          Did rattling work last year? I was really disappointed in the "lack" of what I expected for the rut.

I tried it a hand full of times with no success. But I chalk that up to the weird year. There were reports all over the place of it being a tough year due to acorns and other plentiful natural food. We just didn't see the deer that are usually seen there. We're just now checking cameras so I'm anxious to see how things are looking now.

Comment

Man I can't wait for Sept 30!! Killed a sow Saturday morning, then made all my bucks mad by changing the time on the corn feeder and protein feeder. Lol. Actually messed up the protein feeder, thought I set it for 6:45 but set it to 7:45. So they had cleaned the corn up and left by the time it went off. So got that all changed. At one point I had 12 bucks, and only one of those was a spike.

The kids we had with us killed a 4' rattler Friday night. Biggest we have seen on the place. They talked us into letting them skin it and eat it. They even fried it their selves. Great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                              Man I can't wait for Sept 30!! Killed a sow Saturday morning, then made all my bucks mad by changing the time on the corn feeder and protein feeder. Lol. Actually messed up the protein feeder, thought I set it for 6:45 but set it to 7:45. So they had cleaned the corn up and left by the time it went off. So got that all changed. At one point I had 12 bucks, and only one of those was a spike.

The kids we had with us killed a 4' rattler Friday night. Biggest we have seen on the place. They talked us into letting them skin it and eat it. They even fried it their selves. Great weekend!

Looks like you and your family have a great season coming up!

Comment

Looking good Brian. Looks like they are really responding to that timed protein feeder.

Going to be some fun all day sits this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X