Attaching Game Cart to MTB - Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching Game Cart to MTB - Advice?

Looking to attach a game cart to my MTB. Anyone out there done this before and willing to share their advice?

This is the set up I normally run. Any questions I'd be happy to help. Best advice I can give tube protectors in bike and put slime in both bike and trailer tubes.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jronning77; 11-28-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

OP, are you asking about the actual hitch mechanism(s)?

Comment

Just looking for ways that people have successfully attached them to their bikes. I am looking at a seat post clamp with a 1"square tubing that connects to the game cart OR possibly putting a pannier on the bike and attaching the cart to it, like jronning77 did. Just wondering if someone had a great way to do this before I dive off in making something for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
          This is the set up I normally run. Any questions I'd be happy to help. Best advice I can give tube protectors in bike and put slime in both bike and trailer tubes.

Just noticed the gun rack on the bike handlebars!!!! Genius!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkarcher159 View Post
            Just noticed the gun rack on the bike handlebars!!!! Genius!!!
            Make sure if you get a gun rack that goes forward in front of your handle bars. Bow fits in great, keeps sight from hitting the handle bars. Look at the link below they are on sale for black friday appearantly and already cheap. Also I would buy the heavy duty version of the bike rack I bought because I snapped one of the supports last week. The cart came with the hitch I just had to drill the rack and bolt it to it. The cart is a rambo electric bike cart and I like it for most situtations. I think $179 online I needed a game cart anyway, it's rated for 300#s I think. Get a cheap little hand pump and a patch kit. If you don't need it, you might run into someone in a bind if you hunt public land. Saved a guy last week 3+ miles from the vehicles. C02 inflators are cool but can malfunction, I had a bad experience 3 miles in one night and it turned into a real late night. https://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-Rhino-...olphin+&sr=8-5
            Its

Comment

I put a piece of pipe insulation on the handle of the cart to keep it quiet, and then just tied the handle to my rack on the bike with a piece of rope. Works great and is quieter than anything else I've tried.

Comment

Best picture I’ve got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                  Best picture I’ve got

Any worry about the vibrations of the trail hurting your bow?

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                    Best picture I’ve got

That is an awesome set up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeerGhostSpeaks View Post
                      Any worry about the vibrations of the trail hurting your bow?

None at all honestly. Between the shocks on the fork of the bike, and the rubber construction of the gun/bow holder it has basically zero vibration. Killed 2 deer and a hog with my bow after using my bike set up for a total of probably 20 -30 miles over the course of the season. Still shoots perfect

Comment

Working...
                      X