Old School Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old School Broadheads

I found this website the other day. I know we have some old school trad guys here but thought it would be interesting for all the new guys getting into trad archery.

Every great idea deserves a great domain. Establish your brand by investing in a quality domain name.

There is some cool looking stuff there! And some pretty wacky looking stuff too!

There is a guy out in San Angelo that has one of the most impressive collections I have ever seen!

Bisch

Comment

I think I found a new collection to start up. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Some very interesting looking BHs. Some of them look like BHs that you'd think you would see in a comic book (like on the tip of Hawkeye's arrows.)

The Serpentine is kinda spiffy.

Comment

Very interesting. I had a lot of those but gave them away.

Comment

That is very interesting. I remembered quite a few from the 50's but I have to say, there were a lot more I didn't recognize.

Comment

Good stuff. It is interesting to see how the idea of a serrated edge has come and gone several times over the decades and there are still some out there today. Also, it is apparent from all those old barbed heads that the conventional wisdom used to be that you wanted an arrow that would snag in the body and not fall out. Barbed heads are illegal in all - or almost all - states now, right?

Comment

Way cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Barbed heads are illegal in all - or almost all - states now, right?
                      Last time I looked, barbed heads were not illegal in Tx. I know they used to be illegal here, but I cannot find the wording anywhere in the outdoor annual anymore.

Bisch

Comment

Here's a picture of Glenn Parker(left) standing in front of his broadhead collection at one of the Archery Shows. Well part of it, there were 12 or more panel sections, only three are showing in the picture. We lost Glenn to bone cancer in 93, tragic loss to the bowhunting community and his family.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Thumper; 01-13-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

Those are really cool. I bet if you put them on an arrow they would still work perfectly

Comment

Working...
                            X