He's Watching You.
    Attached Files

Awesome
    Where is this?

Comment

That is a tree in my back yard.

Rick

Comment

There's a funny story, and then kind of a sad story to go along with it.

The funny story - 3 days ago my youngest daughter had the strange feeling that something was watching her from outside. She looked around through the glass in the back door, and her eyes immediately settled on that tree. It blew her mind. I had never noticed it before.

I'll spare you the sad story.

Rick

Comment

That is a funny story!
          And sorry about the sad story

Comment

It actually has made me feel good to think & talk about this, so

Here's the rest of the story:

About 25 years ago now our family lost the best, most loving dog we had ever had in the family.
            His name was Brutus. He was half pitbull & half german shepherd, and was an Air Force trained police dog.
            I won't go into detail about what all he could do, and how smart he was, but I'll say this -
            He was the best baby sitter we ever had. He loved & watched over my kids intensely.

Old Brutus went to sleep & died just behind that tree, about 10 feet back in the edge of the yard, while facing the house, with his head in his paws.
            I buried him right there in that spot in the same position.
            It was a gut wrenching day for all of us, and to be honest none of us have ever gotten completely over it.
            I've not been able to have another dog since. I hope to someday. We will see.

It's truly uncanny how much that tree nymph resembles what he looked like, and I like to think it is him come back to do what he did best, which was watch over us with love & loyalty.

Rick

Comment

that is a great story right there.

thank you for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for sharing that

Comment

Very cool tree and story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Too cool.

I have a weird story. I don't believe in ghosts. Have stated so on the Supernatural thread over on Campfire.

Well several yrs ago I had a half Golden Retriever half Yellow Lab that died when he was about 12 yrs old. Fred was a great dog.

So for the last few months late at night when the house is quiet and I'm up alone I swear I have heard the doggy door open and hear dog toe nails on our tile floor. I get up off the couch and look around for my winnie dog only to find him asleep with my wife.

The other night my wife tells me. I think I have heard something coming into the house and walking around at night.........

Comment

Cool tree, sounds like a great dog you had.

M.E.B. I think you have a raccoon problem. I'd set up a trail cam. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                        Cool tree, sounds like a great dog you had.

M.E.B. I think you have a raccoon problem. I'd set up a trail cam. Haha
                        Several yrs ago a coon did come into the house. I posted the story here a week or two back.

Wife woke up and saw it go into the hall bathroom. She barricaded herself in the bedroom all night until I came home from work in the am. I told her he was probably just thirsty and probably drank from the toliet every night. I though it was funny, she did not.

But this is not a coon problem. I have heard the doggy door open and went and investigated and found nothing. I keep telling myself it is the wind but I have heard the toenails in the SAME room with me.

If it was the sound of SOMEONE walking I would be totally freaked. But thinking its Fred does not bother me. But at the same time I don't believe in ghosts. I'm torn what to think and when my wife said she has heard it and I have not mentioned it to her it kinda wierds me out.

Comment

dude thats' creepy as hell. I'd cut that tree down. LOL.

Comment

Rick that tree is just pure Awesome... Sounds like one fine dog.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
                              X