No announcement yet.

4X6 Blind with Metal Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing turned out nice txracks! And for half the price of a pre-fab fiberglass blind too. I just found an ad on craigslist for a bunch of 3-5/8" & 6" metal studs for about the same price you paid. SO now I'm thinking about putting together a hexagon blind and getting a materials list together so I have a couple questions if ya don't mind....

- I'm guessing that you bought 8' studs, right? How many did it take for ONE blind?
    - What kind of windows did you use? Are those Deerview?
    - Did you build or buy your door?
    - Do you have any suggestions for me to prep the blind before having it sprayed? I.e. so I don't mess up spacing for my window or door tolerances.

Comment

I like it, good job sir !!!

Comment

Hey offthemap...I got 8' studs...make sure you get at least 20 gauge. 25 gauge is to light..you will need 2 tracks per wall and probably 4 studs. You will probably need additional tracks as cross members for windows and additional bracing. Not sure on the size of each wall but off fall on the tracks can be used for additional bracing.

On the windows there was a local window shop that made deer blind windows. I didn't use deerview.

I made the door myself out of smart siding. I cut one full sheet to size, then used smart trim to create a frame...then used off fall pieces to fit inside the frame.

there is not much prep on the foam other than taping areas that you don't want the spray to adhere to. I had windows and door already installed before foaming. on the door, I had them spray the inside of the door and I spray foamed gaps on the door which worked really well.

I would love to see pictures. let me know if you have any more questions.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Great job

They look Awsome.

Comment

great job!

Comment

Ready to try this bad boy out this weekend!!!

Comment

Working...
                X