Broadheads vs. Field points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads vs. Field points

Do you shoot your broadheads and field points for every pin to make sure they're hitting in the same spot or only at a certain distance?

I usually broad head tune at longer distances and just check at 20

Comment

Do you have to check it for every distance you have a pin set for or just something like a close pin and a far pin?

Comment

I'll sight my 20 through 60... pins with FP. Then I'll shoot BH at 20 to make sure it's good with FP. Then shoot 60.. with BH to make sure it's still dead on with FP. No reason to shoot middle distance unless you're OCD or just want to shoot them.

Comment

I shoot from 20 to 60 in 10 yard kncriments if the broad heads need tuning. If they are dead on at 20, I go to 40 then 60. Something about having fixed blade BHs hit dead on at 60 gives you a great amount of confidence, and helps a lot when deer fever sets in

Comment

Ok awesome. I'll stretch it out today and check longer distance. Shot at 20 last night and cut the vanes off my field point arrow.

Comment

You can still spot shoot when shooting broad heads. Just shoot three Fps and then three BHs all at different spots. You'll still get an idea of how to tune without killing your own arrows

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                You can still spot shoot when shooting broad heads. Just shoot three Fps and then three BHs all at different spots. You'll still get an idea of how to tune without killing your own arrows
                X2 either that or like me, once sighted in and are goin to broadhead tune, I shoot the bh first, then the fp. I do it that way not to mess up my arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                  X2 either that or like me, once sighted in and are goin to broadhead tune, I shoot the bh first, then the fp. I do it that way not to mess up my arrows.
                  i sure wish i would have been smart enough to think about that yesterday. i shaved off the fletchings on 4 arrows lol.

Comment

Every pin or marker if single pin

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                      i sure wish i would have been smart enough to think about that yesterday. i shaved off the fletchings on 4 arrows lol.
                      It's ok. That why I started doin it that way lol. We all got to learn somehow

Comment

Working...
                      X