Spot Hogg Boss Hogg vs Axcel Accutouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Hogg Boss Hogg vs Axcel Accutouch

About to pull the trigger on a new single pin sight for my new bow and THINK I have it narrowed down to these two. I've never shot with either one of these so those of you with experience please share the pros and cons of these 2 if you don't mind! Thanks guys(and girls)

Ttt

Comment

Can't go wrong with either. I personally would go with the Accutouch but they're coming out with a 3 pin Accutouch this fall sometimes and that's what I want

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
        Can't go wrong with either. I personally would go with the Accutouch but they're coming out with a 3 pin Accutouch this fall sometimes and that's what I want

Do you mind sharing why youd go Accutouch? I'm just splitting hairs at this point and trying to decide what would be a better investment! Thanks for the reply

Comment

I've never shot the Accutouch, only handled one.
          Personally I don't like the 'AccuClick' feature; if I wanted fixed aim points I would shoot a multiple pin sight. The whole idea is to dial in the exact yardage not hit a certain 'click' without looking. I don't like the small elevation dial either, more like a thumb wheel type thing really. I also don't like that it doesn't have an on-the-fly windage adjustment; it's nice to be able to dial in the windage during windy shooting days instead of 'holding off'.

It does seem very well built.

I have used the Hoggfather extensively, and, like all Spott Hogg products it is built like a tank and I have never had anything come loose. It has both windage and elevation adjustment; like a moveable pin should.

Both sights are going to be heavier than a true target sight, but they will take a beating better.

My vote goes to the HoggFather, just due to the AccuTouch's small dial, no windage and AccuClick feature. I suppose you could not use the AccuClick feature by removing the clickers; but you paid good money for them, and you may like them. Personally I think they are trying to create a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Just ask yourself why you would need to have a click-in sight distance. If you have a good reason for having this feature then I would go with the AccuTouch. I guess you could get used to the small dial and just use Kentucky windage when needed.

On Edit: After reading this it sounds like I am bashing Axcel a little, I'm not. I shot the AX Series for target and I loved it.
          Last edited by Rat; 06-15-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I have shot the spott Hogg Hogg it sights and I work at an archery shop that carries axcel. I personally like the axcel better just for the ease of sighting it in. On my spott
            Hogg I had to mess with 2 set screws per pin to sight it in and it took forever to get them
            Right! The axcel you can loosen the pin with the Allen screw and you. An actually use micro clicks to fine tune the pin them lock it back down. Both sights are bullet proof after you get them sighted in!

Comment

Spot Hogg all the way for most of the reasons listed above, look at Black Gold too.

Comment

Do not over look Montana Black Gold, Accent Ambush.

Comment

Spot hogg fan here. I have had a hogg it for years now and it is absolutly bullet proof. I had my bow fall out of my jeep driving to the stand and bounced several times and the sight still holds true. The axcel does look pretty nice and easier to adjust.

Comment

Anyone know anything about the Copper John single pin?

Comment

Working...
                    X