No announcement yet.

Wilson county rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious but you guys that are hunting your "backyard", how many acres are you hunting on?

Comment

Backyard 140 acres

Comment

About 100 acres at one place.

Comment

I aint got no backyard and got the buck in the garage tied up, waiting for the rut to start so I can turn him loose.

Comment

139 acre backyard

Comment

Rut is picking up boys!!! Me and the wife sat tonight and had two bucks fighting and a hot doe getting chased in circles 70 yards in front of us!!! We had a big buck out in front of us all the way till dark, wife couldn't get a clear shot and light was fading quick with the overcast above. We will be at it in the morning 2nd evening in a row we have seen this big deer he was locked on this doe chasing her every chance he got.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                Rut is picking up boys!!! Me and the wife sat tonight and had two bucks fighting and a hot doe getting chased in circles 70 yards in front of us!!! We had a big buck out in front of us all the way till dark, wife couldn't get a clear shot and light was fading quick with the overcast above. We will be at it in the morning 2nd evening in a row we have seen this big deer he was locked on this doe chasing her every chance he got.

Good Luck! Hope your wife gets him. Y’all’s taxidermy bill gonna be steep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whopper1800 View Post
                  Good Luck! Hope your wife gets him. Y’all’s taxidermy bill gonna be steep!

10 4 we were just talking about that, this one is looking like he will need to be mounted! Let's see what happens hopefully he stays near by with this doe. Crazy evening for sure. We got down well after light went out as quiet as possible. Praying to the good lord conditions are good in the morning.

Comment

Should be good! Go gettem

Comment

Yes, they were hot tonight! Had a young 8, I call him Acorn 8 because he has knobs on the end of his tines that look like acorns. He all but disappeared when bow season started and showed back this afternoon chasing a doe for 2 hours nonstop. Had an easy shot on him too but just not the deer I am looking for. It was a fun evening.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                        Yes, they were hot tonight! Had a young 8, I call him Acorn 8 because he has knobs on the end of his tines that look like acorns. He all but disappeared when bow season started and showed back this afternoon chasing a doe for 2 hours nonstop. Had an easy shot on him too but just not the deer I am looking for. It was a fun evening.
                        Heck yea they were fired up. The big buck I seen tonight have only seen him once and it was yesterday moving quickly. Today I got a clear look through the binos and I have to say , he was good

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I aint got no backyard and got the buck in the garage tied up, waiting for the rut to start so I can turn him loose.

You will know to turn him loose when his tarsals turn black and your garage smells like 20 tomcats made scrapes in it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
                            Shot this buck on the 17th, didnt seem like he was in full rut yet he was pushed a doe but like I said nothing like I've seen years past. Trying to get the wife and son on a buck well just have to wait and see what the rest of this week and weekend might bring huh.

That's a dandy 8pt'r right there. Is that a Wilson County buck? How many acres are you hunting on

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                              That's a dandy 8pt'r right there. Is that a Wilson County buck? How many acres are you hunting on
                              Yes it is, 14ac backed up to 300+ that I have access to mostly un hunted land behind me and next to me. land owner behind me grew up in the house I currently live in really great guy.

Comment

Very un eventful morning. Un like yesterday evening we saw zero deer all morning crazy! Camera was pretty active at night few does and some younger bucks. Heard two shots early in the hunt not to far off, hoping big buck shows up this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X