Women's world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
    I'll go ahead and argue soccer is one of the most physically demanding sports there is.. ever looked up how many miles a player runs per game on average?

Extremely proud to be in the finals for the 3rd straight run. I do find the protesting hypocritical.. just earlier this year the team cut a player shortly after she refused to wear a pride colored Jersey because of her religious beliefs.
    agreed... also they have to create a new attack strategy on the fly constantly...alot like Hockey. It is a thinking mans(or woman) football.

Comment

That was almost 2 months ago. She got in with the pink haired girl and things went to ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Just got a Fox News alert that the USA women's team defeated England in kickball so they're in the final now... Is that dipswitch broad that protested our flag and anthem still on the dang team? She should have been kicked off immediately and left to find her own way back home! JMHO of course...
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
          That was almost 2 months ago. She got in with the pink haired girl and things went to ****.
          Pretty sure Morgan was standing with her hand over her heart for England. Looking for video now.

This was mid June...

https://twitter.com/FOXSoccer/status...F1596565001%2F

Here is the England game . Standing with her hand over her heart ....and she mouths a couple of words. Good to see that most are singing loud and proud..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoFNuk0oVBw"]ENGLAND USA: WOMANS WORLD CUP 2020 - USA NATIONAL ANTHEM - YouTube[/ame]
          Last edited by Smart; 07-03-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Post 67 I said she does put hand over heart but she said she will not sing but I have no problem with her not singing. She also said she will not visit whitehouse if they win World Cup. That's it. I'm just disappointed in that she won't visit the whitehouse. That used to mean something.

Comment

Post 67 I said she does put hand over heart but she said she will not sing but I have no problem with her not singing. She also said she will not visit whitehouse if they win World Cup. That's it. I'm just disappointed in that she won't visit the whitehouse. That used to mean something.

Agreed on the White House but she's anti-trump on some of his policies...

I'm glad to see she's not going Kapernick like purple hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Agreed on the White House but she's anti-trump on some of his policies...

I'm glad to see she's not going Kapernick like purple hair.
                Agree on the purple hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  agreed... also they have to create a new attack strategy on the fly constantly...alot like Hockey. It is a thinking mans(or woman) football.
                  Yea! Like when and where to roll around on the ground in fake pain. Acting’s tough AF

Comment

Oh... i agree on the faking pain...lot alike basketball.

I think they should get a foul or carried off the field when they pull that crap.

Comment

My thoughts? I would rather lose without them than win with them. And I have never watched a complete soccer match, men's or women's, in my life, and never will.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                        but when you run off your fan base to promote your agendas and appeal to minority groups, well, maybe that explains your pay deficit and declining fan base.
                        I believe the USWNT argument is pretty valid. Since 2015 they've brought in more revenue than the USMNT, yet are paid less. If you worked at a company as a salesman, and made more money for the company than a fellow salesman, but he was paid more, you'd probably be unhappy, right?

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't visit the white house either. I voted for Trump and will again lacking a better choice but there hasn't been a president there in a long time I'd feel honored to meet.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            My thoughts? I would rather lose without them than win with them. And I have never watched a complete soccer match, men's or women's, in my life, and never will.
                            Yep

Comment

My statement about the USWNT is that they are shooting themselves in the foot appealing/catering to certain groups (political--anti-Pres. Trump and minority groups--wearing rainbow jerseys in previous tournaments for "pride month" instead of just the red, white, and blue. Keep all of that out of your game, and maybe even more people would watch.

Pay gaps happen in every sport based on sport, position, revenue, etc. You could spend all day talking about it. In the end, it's about who brings in the money.

Comment

I never played soccer but have watched it some since I was a kid and some time back became a fan of both the USNMT and the USNWT. in a way, I am just a fan of sporting competition at high levels. When it comes to soccer the women's team has had way more succes than the men's team, obviously.

I don't support the BS the pink haired one is pushing and wish she would quite the team or even better get kicked off. It's pretty hypercritical protesting the US flag while playing for the US national team. Of course the MSM will never call her out on it. Then again, there is a lot of wrong with MSM so why would one expect them to do the right thing. The powers that be behind the national team are in the same boat as many other teams, they are willing to look the other way in order to try and win.

I have and will keep watching the games. Along with the US team, there are several other very talented and competitive teams. There are a lot of amazing athletes scattered throughout other teams not to mention that the majority of the women are easy on the eyes and immensely physically fit.

Won't tell others what to do, at the same time I will give my two cents. There are some bad apples in every create. I would need to live in a cave away from society in order not to be around any of the BS being pushed out by different peeps . I refuse to live in that manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X