Need Hearing Aid Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Hearing Aid Advice

My hearing has gotten to the point where I need to consider some hearing aids. Anybody have a good place to go in the Central Texas area.

I recently got a pair from Costco. The best ones I've ever had.

Comment

Hands down the top of the line in technology and service is Audibel. Go to a NewSound Hearing Center near you and get tested. I have a friend that has one of their stores... I wear the Audibel Platinum's... they have no knobs, buttons or anything on the devices. They're controlled with your smart phone... My phone is hands free all the time! Best thing I've ever done for my hearing. Likely your Veteran's bennies will cover most of the cost too. Tell 'em you're a Vet. Real cost is about $9grand, but if I had to pay it, I would!! Worth every penny. I tried Beltone, and others... These blew everything away. I have an outdoors program on them that when I'm out bow hunting I turn it on and I can hear a gnat fart a hunert yards!! It is so fine to hear the birds rustling in the leaves, and cat squirrels barking and whistling again!!!

Good Luck!

If for some reason, you want to come to the Conroe area, let me know, I'll get you hooked up with my friend at NewSound.

Comment

tagged for later!

Comment

What? Did you say something?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Hands down the top of the line in technology and service is Audibel. cost is about $9grand
            My tube cone works just fine!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              I figured you to look more "Man"ly! Not bad looking in your younger years! :-D

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Heck that ain't no tube cone. That's a funnel! That's where you pour in the oil!

Comment

I got some from Hearing aids of south Texas I love mine. Work with my iPhone and I can listen to the game during Church.

Not really. I tell the preacher that tho.

Comment

I got some at Costco but they have since changed suppliers of the Kirkland brand since i got mine. I went with them about a year ago because of price (1799.00 for both)and they had a 180 day money back guaranty, plus they had a program that paired them to my Iphone. I understand the new supplier does not have same setup with Iphones. I am very happy with the ones I got.

Comment

Como?

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                        I got some from Hearing aids of south Texas I love mine. Work with my iPhone and I can listen to the game during Church.

Not really. I tell the preacher that tho.
                        Yea, I like to listen to the Iheart radio app and Fox News wherever I am and I don't disturb nobody, but Proabaly the BEST thing is that I have a profile called "Wife Mode"... Now that is NICE... one touch on the iPhone screen and there's silence and bliss......... well 'til she starts throwin' stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Yea, I like to listen to the Iheart radio app and Fox News wherever I am and I don't disturb nobody, but Proabaly the BEST thing is that I have a profile called "Wife Mode"... Now that is NICE... one touch on the iPhone screen and there's silence and bliss......... well 'til she starts throwin' stuff!
                          Bwahahahaha

Comment

My insurance helped last year. I got Starkey and Audible in Bryan. Full cost would have been $5000 I paid about 1/2 that. I hear my phone thru my hearing aids but have to use the speaker to talk. Second pair I had... first pair I did not like and did not war much.

Best thing I ever did.

Comment

I wear them, when I remember to. Cause there's no one here to yell at me, I forget them all the time.

It's really great to be able to hear a deer walking through the woods again. And all kinds of other pleasant sounds. Got one channel that tunes out background noise or if I'm at the range, it will cut out rapid fire from others out there too. When I'm behind a firearm, all I hear is a mild thump when hunting, thanks to the addible suppression built into them.

I got mine through Sport Ear. They do custom work as well, not just for the sportsman. If you have an audio test done, you can send it to them and they will fix you up. I caught them when they came through town few years ago at the Hunter's Extravaganza. The first time I put them in, I went out into the back yard. And I was trying to identify this noise I was hearing. The strangest sound I'd ever heard. Finally, it dawned on me. It was my neighbor's air conditioner running. I had also forgot what cicada sound like. My tenitous is really bad sometimes. But the hearing aids help a lot! What I hear sounds like a bunch of air hoses with leaks. Then there is the high pitch ringing too. My two most upper frequencies are gone for the most part. All those years of slinging steel, fabricating metal, music, and firearms have taken a toll on my hearing. I've been wearing hearing protection every chance I get for the last 20 years, just to try to save what I've got left.

Comment

Working...
                              X