Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013-2014 Lake Grapevine

Anyone see this yet?

Personally I think over a month for the youth season is a little excessive especially if corp follow what they've done in the past and not allowed drawn hunters to hunt during that time!

Hopefully they will allow us to hunt the full archery season while extending the youth hunting season as well or I dont know why youth and adults wouldn't both be allowed full seasons.... For me the corp has always been open to suggestions hopefully they will consider this as well
    Last edited by bdavid1020; 06-02-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

They haven't allowed drawn hunters to hunt during youth season before, what makes you think they're going to change it now?

Comment

That good for the kids 10 days wasn't very long. It will all work out OK .

Comment

Originally posted by Brushpopper View Post
          That good for the kids 10 days wasn't very long. It will all work out OK .
          I agree, that is why we wish they would just would use TPWD dates for everyone and let the kids hunt ALL season long too.....

Comment

Kids can hunt all season if they are with a permitted adult .Yes they should go by TPWD dates also. Good luck this season .

Comment

Man that's going to suck if you cant hunt up there till Nov.

Comment

What's the big deal? Sounds like they are making a solid attempt at recognizing the need to get kids out there. All this really means is kids 16 and under don't have to enter the draw to hunt the entire first month. If they want to hunt, they get a permit...and that permit gives them the entire month of October instead of a weekend or ten days. It's even better if dad gets drawn and can hunt with his kid instead of just accompanying him/her. They aren't taking away October from the main group of permitted hunters.

Win win.

Comment

If I were an unscrupulous person, I'd use this as an excuse to adopt an orphan if I don't get drawn .

Comment

Originally posted by K86 View Post
                    If I were an unscrupulous person, I'd use this as an excuse to adopt an orphan if I don't get drawn .
                    You should voluntarily sit out a season!

Comment

In.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        What's the big deal? Sounds like they are making a solid attempt at recognizing the need to get kids out there. All this really means is kids 16 and under don't have to enter the draw to hunt the entire first month. If they want to hunt, they get a permit...and that permit gives them the entire month of October instead of a weekend or ten days. It's even better if dad gets drawn and can hunt with his kid instead of just accompanying him/her. They aren't taking away October from the main group of permitted hunters.

Win win.
                        We agree that we want kids to HUNT as much as possible as stated above, as a matter of fact I am about 1 of 5-10 people that have ever taken or heard of taking their youngster out there to hunt. But if the extension is truly for the kids why can't the Corp use the TPWD dates and let the kids season extend through the "entire season". I have my sons permit in my hand and it reads "Season: Opening day per TPWD - Nov 3, 2013" "Legal Game: White Tailed Deer and Feral Hogs. So if I get drawn does this mean my son cannot shoot a hog or deer the rest of the season even if he hunts along with me.

I also think if the corp would just adopt the TPWD dates that it would make it less confusing for everyone involved, because the general permit already allows u to be out there hunting the first few opening weekends that have set aside for the kids. But that is just my 2 cents!

Comment

man..im pumped..just got my general hunting permit. can't wait to go out there.

Comment

Well I'm in the drawing. We'll have to see if my luck holds out

After that, I figured I might as well go tooling around out there, and to say that it is THICK is an understatement. The amount of rain we have had in the past few weeks has made the undergrowth out there explode. And just as I'm writing this, I pulled a tick off me . Ah Grapevine, how I've missed you.

Also, there must have been some crazy winds from the batch of storms we had! This big tree didn't make it. The pictures don't do it justice, but I couldn't fit my arms all the way around the trunk.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I picked up my kids their Youth permits this past Friday. I asked about the month long season and she told me that the youth only will be the first two weeks and then the second two weeks will be both youth and permitted hunters. The reason that they have a youth season is because a youth can hunt with a permitted adult, but if you don't get drawn your child won't hunt either.

My boys went with me to get the permits. All weekend my 9 year old was walking around saying "I am going to shoot a deer". He is pumped. Neither of them have ever taken a deer.

I screwed up and forgot to mail my survey in, so it is 100% kids for me this year. Not that it matters much. I only saw 1 deer from my stand last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X