Preference points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preference points

I know we have a couple of TPWD people on here, can someone explain how the preference point system works regarding the TPWD draw hunts?

If I remember right. They put your name in the "hat" once for the card/application. Then they put you name in once for every preference point you have. IE. 3 preference points, 3 more chances.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought.

One more question, if you get drawn on a standby hunt do you lose your Pref Points for that hunt catagory?

Comment

No

Comment

Does each name on the application go into the hat, or just the primary applicant's?

Comment

Originally posted by kgredraider View Post
            Does each name on the application go into the hat, or just the primary applicant's?
            They average the number of preference points that everybody on your card has, and then each person's name goes into the hat that many times plus one for the current entry. So it's good to always apply with the same people to keep everybody even on PPs. If you have 10 and your buddy has 0 and you apply together, you only get 5 extra entries (average of 10 and 0). If your buddy has 10 and you have 10, then you get 10 extra entries.

Comment

Working...
            X