New Mexico Unit 37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico Unit 37

Any help on Unit 37? I put in for it on the information that a buddy of mine gave me. I guess I will find out in June if I get picked. I will make a scouting trip as soon as I find out. The land he told me about seems to have a lot of private land around it. Is there a better map to get that shows BLM, State and Private land?
    By the way this is my first post. I have been reading a long time just now joined. I hunt in Brady and I am down there a lot. If anybody wants a report from there.
    Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the fire.

Comment

What town will you be close to in that unit ?

Comment

Welcome good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by jbell78 View Post
          What town will you be close to in that unit ?
          I am going to start scouting just North and West of Roswell. The Southeast corner of the unit.

Comment

i am from roswell and have hunted that unit all my life. do be sure to follow your maps and stay on the roads you are allowed. there is a lot of provate land out there and they get real picky when you get off in their places. There are a lot of good bucks in the BLM areas but do watch your fences and areas.

Comment

Thanks. I plan to make a scouting trip. I will include making note of fences. I saw several BLM maps that are available to buy. Do you know if one is better than the others?

Comment

no i dont. i have hunted that area so muchin the past and my family has such a good relationship with most all the landowners we can hunt just about anywhere with no trouble. id talk to the game department there in roswell and see if they can help you figure out waht maps are best.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_parson View Post
                  i am from roswell and have hunted that unit all my life. do be sure to follow your maps and stay on the roads you are allowed. there is a lot of provate land out there and they get real picky when you get off in their places. There are a lot of good bucks in the BLM areas but do watch your fences and areas.
                  Mike im from roswell to. I've hunted in unit 32 for barbery sheep and mule deer. It's about time i from someone that's from Roswell.

Comment

Slowwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by john.308 View Post
                    Any help on Unit 37? I put in for it on the information that a buddy of mine gave me. I guess I will find out in June if I get picked. I will make a scouting trip as soon as I find out. The land he told me about seems to have a lot of private land around it. Is there a better map to get that shows BLM, State and Private land?
                    By the way this is my first post. I have been reading a long time just now joined. I hunt in Brady and I am down there a lot. If anybody wants a report from there.
                    Thanks for any help.
                    Man. Time just creeps by......

Comment

Welcome and good luck on the draw.

Comment

Are you hunting deer or elk? The area is very mountanous. Get in shape for climbing. Me and my dad hunted that area years ago around the boy scout camp off of 246. It will be a lot of spot and stalk and glassing. I live in Lovington and have spent some time in units 34 and 36 elk hunting recently but it has been a long time since I have been in 37. I have a friend that lives in Capitan so I could probably get some info. Let me know.

Comment

RE:

Originally posted by chiledip View Post
                          Are you hunting deer or elk? The area is very mountanous. Get in shape for climbing. Me and my dad hunted that area years ago around the boy scout camp off of 246. It will be a lot of spot and stalk and glassing. I live in Lovington and have spent some time in units 34 and 36 elk hunting recently but it has been a long time since I have been in 37. I have a friend that lives in Capitan so I could probably get some info. Let me know.

Thanks, a friend of mine turned me on to an area in 37 for deer. June 9th is when the draw results will be on-line. I can't wait.

Comment

amen welcome

Comment

I'm in!!

Checked the NM Fish and Game site at 12:01am just like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning. Me and my son got picked to hunt this fall. Whoo Hoo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X