Dove hunting Sam Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunting Sam Houston

Anybody ever have any luck dove hunting the forest? I tried a few spots 5 years ago but didn't see much flying, so never thought about it again.
    Then last year on one of my deer recon trips i stumbled across a big pile of shotgun shells(which i picked up), i looked around to see what poor tree or beer can suffered all this abuse but found none. On heading out to my truck i noticed a small amount of dove fluttering around in the tree overhead.
    Think i might go back to that spot in a few weeks, just wondering if people have seen a lot of birds or was this just a fluke

You might be seeing the shells from squirel hunters. I used to squirel hunt in the SHNF with a shotgun and knew several people that did as well. It has probably been 2 years since I have nunted in there, but I dont ever really remember seeing lots of dove.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
      You might be seeing the shells from squirel hunters. I used to squirel hunt in the SHNF with a shotgun and knew several people that did as well. It has probably been 2 years since I have nunted in there, but I dont ever really remember seeing lots of dove.
      probably was 30 shells in a fairly organized pile

Comment

Working...
      X